How can I participate in FSY?
What is FSY?
“I bless you to learn more about who you are and what your purpose really is, during this conference.” —President Russell M. Nelson
Youth, you don’t want to miss out!
Do you want to develop new lifelong friends? Do you want to feel the Spirit and strengthen your testimony? Do you want to participate in engaging activities and events? Then you will want to be part of For the Strength of Youth (FSY) conferences. These large events are designed to help you have fun as you apply the gospel in all aspects of your life. At FSY, you will participate in five days of devotionals, classes, and activities which will help you strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ and feel joy and belonging as you live the gospel.
What will I do at For the Strength of Youth (FSY) conferences?
- Associate with other youth who share your beliefs
- Experience a fun and positive environment that helps you feel the joy of the gospel
- Learn to receive revelation and answers from the scriptures
- Develop new, and possibly lifelong, friendships
- Be mentored by YSA counselors and assistant counselors who teach and encourage you in gospel living
- Study truths of the gospel with engaging teachers
- Take part in inspiring devotionals
- Learn to better communicate with your friends, parents, and others
- Engage in activities that will bolster your self-esteem and increase your confidence
- Participate in group games that will keep your mind and body active
- Be brave and show off your talents by auditioning for the variety show
- Share your testimony through music
What other youth are saying about FSY?
“I came to FSY because I wanted to gain a stronger testimony. Because I am a convert to the Church, I wanted to get an experience where I could learn more about Jesus Christ and about the Church.” —Kahliyah
“When I arrived [at FSY], I didn’t have much confidence with people. I didn’t have much of a testimony. But now that I’ve spent some time here, I’ve gained heaps of new friends and my testimony is just so much stronger. I feel the Spirit every time I bear it. I just feel so much better.” —Isaiah
“When I go home, I just want to try to share the gospel with all of my friends and try to center my life on Christ.” —Johanna
“It’s amazing to know that you’re not alone. We are all here together.” —Lena
How can I prepare for FSY?
There are many things you and your class or quorum can do to prepare yourselves for FSY, including these ideas:
- Have daily prayer and scripture study.
- Study the yearly youth theme.
- Set personal goals for your time at FSY.
- Encourage quorum and class members to register for FSY.
- Invite less-active members and nonmembers to participate in FSY.
- Review the packing list and come prepared with what you need.
- Participate in stake FSY activities.
- Prepare a talent to perform at the variety show.
- Download and listen to FSY music.
See the Ward Youth Leadership website for more details on how to prepare your quorum or class.
How can I make the FSY experience more meaningful?
FSY provides a great opportunity to grow in many social and spiritual ways. Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and take advantage of every opportunity.
- Be inclusive and open to new friendships.
- Look for opportunities to serve those around you.
- Participate fully in every activity.
- Be open to new experiences and opportunities to learn.
- Come prepared with questions and seek answers to those questions.
- Use your handbook to record your goals, experiences, and impressions.
- Talk to your counselor, your assistant counselor, your session director, or a staff member if you have a concern.
- Enjoy every moment.
How can I extend my FSY experience after I return home?
The FSY experience doesn’t end after the week is over. Take home every lesson, experience, and habit and share them with your friends and family.
- Find ways to keep connected with new friends.
- Encourage your quorum or class to share experiences.
- Review your handbook, including your class notes, impressions, and feelings.
- Review the goals you made at FSY.
- Continue in gospel habits, including daily prayer and scripture study.
- Participate in stake FSY activities.
- Share experiences from FSY during Sunday lessons.
- Share with your family, friends, and leaders what you learned from your experience.
- Teach a home evening lesson on a gospel principle that you learned at FSY.
- Post on social media about your experience.
- You need a Church Account to register.
- If you are a member of the Church, go to your account settings and click Membership to make sure your membership record number is linked to your Church Account. If you are unsure of your membership record number, please look on your temple recommend or contact a member of your bishopric.
- If you are not a member, you do not need a membership record number linked to your Church Account, however, you do need a Church Account username and password. You can create a Church Account here.
- Register as soon as possible, as space is limited and sessions fill quickly. Registration officially closes two weeks prior to the start of the session.
- You will be randomly assigned a counselor group and company at the FSY session. During registration, you may request a roommate, but both of you must be attending the same session, be in the same age-group, and be staying in the same housing type (male or female). Counselor groups and companies are formed by age-groups. Group One includes those turning 14 to 15 years old in the calendar year and Group Two includes those turning 16 to 18 years old in the calendar year.
- Note that you may select a different age-group during registration if your circumstances require it.
Youth Participation Requirements
All youth participating in FSY must meet these requirements:
- Must be no younger than 14 and no older than 18 by December 31 of the year the participant plans to attend (Youth who are graduating from high school the year they plan to attend and are no older than 18 by December 31 will register at a later date than other youth. Graduating youth can register for any session with available space and must provide their own transportation.)
- Must not be currently on probation or parole for any crime
- Must not have committed a sexual offense felony, whether convicted or not
Accommodating Youth with Dietary, Disability, Medical, or Other Needs
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints strives to ensure that all within its reach feel valued and welcomed. In keeping with this charge, FSY strives to accommodate youth with dietary, disability, medical, or other needs whenever it can reasonably and safely do so. If you have any questions about possible accommodations, please visit “FSY Accommodation of Persons with Dietary, Disability, Medical, or Other Needs - U.S. and Canada. ”
If you have questions regarding FSY, please contact your ward FSY representative. If they are unable to answer your question, please contact FSY.
United States: 1-801-240-3009
Please call Monday - Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. US MT.
- Extension 1—for bishopric and stake presidency members
- Extension 6—for S&I area directors, session directors, and teachers
- Extension 7—for all other callers
If you have a question regarding registration, you can also email FSYRegistration@ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
If you have a question or request regarding dietary, disability, medical, or other accommodations, email FSYAccommodations@ChurchofJesusChrist.org.