Youth Experiences: "I really want to be here"
“I bless you to learn more about who you are and what your purpose really is, during this conference.” — Russell M. Nelson, "FSY Intro Video with President Nelson," 2023.
“When I arrived [at FSY], I didn’t have much confidence with people. I didn’t have much of a testimony. But now that I’ve spent some time here, I’ve gained heaps of new friends and my testimony is just so much stronger. I feel the Spirit every time I bear it. I just feel so much better.” —Isaiah
“It’s amazing to know that you’re not alone. We are all here together.” —Lena
Eva’s Story: "I didn’t want to go"
Dakota’s Story: "By the second hour, we were brothers"
Annie’s Story: "Take a step away from the world"
These large events are designed to help you have fun as you apply the gospel in all aspects of your life. At FSY, you will participate in five days of devotionals, classes, and activities which will help you strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ and feel joy and belonging as you live the gospel.
While at FSY, you will:
- Associate with other youth who share your beliefs and develop new friendships
- Experience an environment that helps you feel the joy of the gospel
- Take part in inspiring devotionals and learn to "Hear Him"
- Learn to be a leader and how to better communicate with your friends, parents, and others
- Engage in activities that will bolster your self-esteem and increase your confidence
My bishopric has approved me! How can I register?
Registration closes at 6:00 p.m. local time of the session, the Sunday before the session begins. If you register within the two weeks prior to the session beginning, you will not be able to request any accommodations.
I'm registered! Now what?
There are many things you can do to prepare yourselves for FSY, including these ideas:
- Look at the Participant Dashboard page for session-specific details (information will be available at least two weeks before your session starts).
- Review the FSY Standards of Conduct.
- Attend your stake's pre-FSY activity.
- Set personal goals for your time at FSY.
- Encourage friends, including nonmember friends, to register for FSY.
- Download and listen to FSY music.
FSY provides a great opportunity to grow in many social and spiritual ways. Remember this: What you put into FSY is what you'll get out of it.
- Be inclusive and open to new friendships.
- Look for opportunities to serve those around you.
- Come prepared with questions and seek answers to those questions.
- Use the handbook you'll get at FSY to record your goals, experiences, and impressions.
- Talk to an FSY staff member if you have a concern at the session.
I went to FSY! How can I maintain the things I learned?
The FSY experience doesn’t end after the week is over! Take home every lesson, experience, and habit and share them with your friends and family.
- Stay connected with new friends.
- Share your experiences and encourage your friends to do so as well.
- Post on social media about your experience.
- Teach a home evening lesson, bare your testimony, or share in Sunday School about a gospel principle that you learned at FSY.
- Review your handbook, including your goals, class notes, and feelings.
- Continue in gospel habits, including daily prayer, scripture study, and seeking personal revelation.
- Set new goals with your family, friends, and leaders.
- Teach your friends, quorum or class, and family members the FSY line dances.