How can my youth participate in FSY?
To support stake and ward efforts to help youth and leaders reconnect, FSY conferences planned for the United States and Canada in 2021 will be postponed until 2022. An updated schedule for FSY conferences in the United States and Canada for 2022-24 will be provided soon. We invite you to apply to become a counselor next year. Additional information on how to apply and serve in 2022 will be communicated at a later date.
When your unit is assigned to attend FSY and registration opens, you will be able to access the registration link here.
What is FSY?
For the Strength of Youth (FSY) conferences are large events designed to help youth have fun as they apply the gospel in all aspects of their life. At FSY, youth will participate in five days of devotionals, classes, and activities which will help them strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ and feel joy and belonging as they live the gospel by engaging in inspired learning opportunities and wholesome social experiences.
What will my youth do at FSY?
- Associate with other youth who share their beliefs
- Learn to receive revelation and answers from the scriptures
- Be mentored by YSA counselors who teach and encourage them in gospel living
- Experience a fun and positive environment that helps them feel the joy of the gospel
- Develop new, possibly lifelong, friendships
- Participate in group games that will keep their minds and bodies active
- Learn to better communicate with their friends, parents, and others
- Engage in activities that will bolster their self-esteem and increase their confidence
- Learn truths of the gospel from engaging teachers
- Share their testimony through music
- Audition to show off their talents at the variety show
What parents are saying about FSY?
“FSY reminds them that they are not alone in living the gospel. It helps them strengthen their testimony, increase their desire to change, gain confidence, and build others. It’s not just a spiritual experience; it helps them see how living the gospel can be part of everything they do.” —Rebecca
“As parents we loved seeing our son grow in just a short period of time. We saw his enthusiasm for the gospel intensify and his confidence and self-esteem grow. He said that FSY made ‘coming unto Christ’ fun. It is always comforting as parents to have principles that we have taught in the home be reinforced in other experiences and through other wonderful people. We were also comforted knowing that FSY helped solidify his foundation for future trials that will inevitably come.” —Ian
"My daughter had the opportunity to attend FSY as a counselor. Being invited to attend strengthened the way she viewed herself and helped her confidence grow. During the conference, while having the responsibility of leading a group of youth, she would come home each night and dive into her scriptures and prep for the next day. I was overjoyed with the changes I saw in her and loved seeing her be strengthened through the opportunities that were offered. I witnessed a wonderful change in her countenance and the way she viewed herself; she remembered that she is a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father." —Teresa
How can I help my youth get the most out of FSY?
You can play a large role in preparing your youth for FSY and extending their experience after they return home, which will enhance their overall experience. You are aware of their needs and what will be most beneficial to their growth. Prayerfully consider these suggestions or design your own plan.
- Study the yearly youth theme together.
- Discuss possible goals to work on during their time at FSY.
- Listen to the youth album and other youth music.
- Identify ways they would like to spiritually and socially grow during their experience.
- Review the For the Strength of Youth booklet.
- Review expectations and standards for FSY participation found on the FAQ web page.
- If your youth is interested in participating in the variety show, help them prepare their act (the more unique the act, the more likely they will be chosen to perform).
- Invite your youth to find ways to stay connected with youth from their FSY group after the session.
- Listen to the youth album and other youth music.
- Have your youth prepare a home evening lesson based on a gospel principle they learned more about at FSY.
- Encourage them to teach your family the FSY games and line dances.
- Ask questions about their experience and give them opportunities to share what they learned at FSY.
Young Single Adult Counselors
Do you know a young single adult who wants to join in this unique opportunity to meet new friends, strengthen their testimony, develop leadership skills, and find joy in serving youth and the Lord? Counselors are selected from young single adults because of their ability to strengthen youth, teach the doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and motivate in a kind and uplifting manner. Approval from a member of their bishopric is required.
More information regarding FSY counselors, including responsibilities, qualifications, commitment details, and application links, is found at FSYCounselor.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- Youth from invited stakes register on the FSY registration website. Youth must be approved by their bishop or branch president before they can register.
- Youth need a Church Account to register.
- If the youth is a member of the Church, they will need to go to their account settings and click Membership to make sure their membership record number is linked to their Church Account. If they are unsure of their membership record number, they can look on their temple recommend or contact a member of their bishopric.
- If this youth is not a member, they do not need a membership record number linked to their Church Account, however, they do need a Church Account username and password. They can create a Church Account here.
- Youth should register as soon as possible, as space is limited and sessions fill quickly. Registration officially closes two weeks prior to the start of the session.
- Youth will be randomly assigned a counselor group and company at the FSY session. During registration, youth may request a roommate, but both youth must be attending the same session, be in the same age-group, and be staying in the same housing type (male or female). Counselor groups and companies are formed by age-groups. Group One includes those turning 14 to 15 years old in the calendar year and Group Two includes those turning 16 to 18 years old in the calendar year.
Youth Participation Requirements
All youth participating in FSY must meet these requirements:
- Must be no younger than 14 and no older than 18 by December 31 of the year the participant plans to attend (Youth who are graduating from high school the year they plan to attend and are are no older than 18 by December 31 will register at a later date than other youth. Graduating youth can register for any session with available space and must provide their own transportation.)
- Must not be currently on probation or parole for any crime
- Must not have committed a sexual offense felony, whether convicted or not
Accommodating Youth with Disabilities
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints strives to ensure that all within its reach feel valued and welcomed. In keeping with this charge, FSY strives to accommodate youth with disabilities whenever it can safely do so. If you have any questions about possible accommodations, please visit “FSY Accommodation of Persons with Disabilities - U.S. and Canada. ”
If you have questions regarding FSY, please contact your stake or ward FSY representative. If they are unable to answer your question, please contact FSY.
The FSY hotline number is 1-801-240-3009. Please call Monday - Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. US MT.
- Extension 2—for general questions
- Extension 3—for registration questions for participants, counselors, session directors, or teachers
If you have a question regarding registration for a session in the United States or Canada, email FSYRegistration@ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
If you have a question or request regarding accommodations, email FSYAccommodations@ChurchofJesusChrist.org.