Contents
    Footnotes

    “Contents,” Ensign, June 1988, 1

    Ensign

    June 1988

    Volume 18 Number 6

    On the cover: Photography by Welden Andersen.

    Inside front cover: Washington, D.C., Chapel, by Al Rounds, 12″ by 18″, watercolor, 1986. Courtesy of Michael Ensign. President Heber J. Grant dedicated the Washington, D.C., chapel 5 November 1933. Located in one of the historic sections of the city, the chapel was originally the home of the Washington Branch. On 30 June 1940, the branch became the Washington Stake, with President Ezra Taft Benson as its first president. The Church sold the building in 1976, but the angel from its spire is now on display at the Museum of Church History and Art in Salt Lake City.

    Inside back cover: The Coming of Christ, by Jubal Aviles Saenz, 35 1/2″ by 47 1/2″, oil on canvas, 1986. Selected for the 1987 Church Fine Arts Competition show.