1993
Museum Exhibit
Footnotes
Theme

“Museum Exhibit,” Ensign, May 1993, 100

[Museum Exhibit]

President Thomas S. Monson, Second Counselor in the First Presidency (second from right); Elder Loren C. Dunn of the Seventy, executive director of the Historical Department (left); and Frances Monson, President Monson’s wife (right), examine a photograph of the Salt Lake Temple. The photo is part of a special exhibit at Salt Lake City’s Museum of Church History and Art. The exhibit, titled “The Mountain of the Lord’s House—Construction of the Salt Lake Temple, 1853–1893,” features a collection of documents, photos, original architectural drawings, artwork, construction tools, and temple furnishings. Open through 21 February 1994, the exhibit features nineteen separate displays, grouped in five main sections. Now in its centennial year, the Salt Lake Temple was dedicated 6 April 1893.