Every mission has Facebook Pages to allow full-time missionaries to reach out to their community. Missionaries are sharing uplifting stories and events. You can help share the gospel virtually through their Facebook Pages.
Here is a list of things you can do to “sweep the earth with messages filled with righteousness and truth” through social media and invite others to come unto Christ (David A. Bednar, “To Sweep the Earth as with a Flood” [speech delivered at BYU Campus Education Week, Aug. 19, 2014], ChurchofJesusChrist.org).
Ponder the counsel from Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Watch how you can participate with the missionaries on Facebook
Find local missionaries on Facebook
- Facebook Pages are typically organized by city and named “Church of Jesus Christ in [Name of the City],” “Representatives of Jesus Christ in [Name of the City],” or something similar.
- Click Like.
- If you want to see the Pages more often, click the Follow Settings button, and select Favorites. This allows you to see missionaries’ posts when you log in to Facebook.
Share missionaries’ posts with your Facebook friends
- “Like” posts that inspire you.
- Comment on and share posts that are related to your experiences.
- Share favorite missionary posts on your Timeline or on Facebook Messenger.
Create and share a video post
Coordinate with missionaries to create your video story about experiences of how the gospel of Jesus Christ has transformed your life. These faith-promoting stories are inspiring to others in their journey to come unto Christ. You can give it to the missionaries to upload on their Facebook Page if you don’t want to share it on your personal profile.
Participate in Facebook Live events
Facebook Live events are short (15 to 20 minutes) and may include a Come, Follow Me lesson, a family history workshop, a self-reliance class, Bible study, or a guest speaker. Invite a friend to join you, or share the link on Messenger.
Fellowship and teach friends through virtual meetups
You can participate in teaching opportunities with the missionaries through a virtual platform, such as Zoom.
Create social media content with the missionaries
You have amazing talents and skills, and you can share them by helping the missionaries create inspiring content. Missionaries can always use some additional assistance to help film videos, edit videos, or take photos.
Be active with your own social media connections and accounts
Click here to find more tips on how to share the gospel through your social media accounts: