“The First Coming and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ,” New Era, December 2016
Over 2,000 years ago. The exact year and day are uncertain.
In a remote, humble stable in Bethlehem (see Luke 2:4).
Who witnesses it
How to prepare
• Receive “ordinances … that [you] might look forward on the Son of God” (Alma 13:16).
• Be “just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel [with] the Holy Ghost … upon [you]” (Luke 2:25).
• “[Serve] God with fastings and prayers” (Luke 2:37).
• “Hearken unto the words of the prophets [and] look forward unto Christ with steadfastness for the signs which are given” (2 Nephi 26:8).
• “Stand ye in holy places, and be not moved” (D&C 87:8).
• “[Be] wise and [receive] the truth, and [take] the Holy Spirit for [your] guide, and [be not] deceived” (D&C 45:57).
• “Hear the voice of the Lord [and] the voice of his servants [and] give heed to the words of the prophets” (D&C 1:14).