“Conference Story Index,” Liahona, May 2015, 133
The following list of selected experiences related during general conference can be used in personal study, family home evening, and other teaching. The number refers to the first page of the talk.
Neil L. Andersen
(119) Then-Elder Thomas S. Monson tells Neil L. Andersen that the Lord opens doors and performs miracles. The faith of a couple in Thailand stays strong after the husband is paralyzed. After meeting in the Ivory Coast, two Latter-day Saint couples build the kingdom of God there.
Wilford W. Andersen
(54) A Native American man tells a doctor that he can teach the doctor to dance but that he must hear the music.
David A. Bednar
(46) As a small boy, David A. Bednar fears he is going to prison after breaking a store window.
Linda K. Burton
(29) A father tells his children they will be safe if they stay inside a string fence around their yard. The Lord guides a sister in creating with her husband a home where the Spirit is welcome.
(98) After living 22 years in the Paris area, the Caussé family realize they have never visited the Eiffel Tower. Three African men walk more than 300 miles (480 km) to attend a district conference, pay tithing, and obtain copies of the Book of Mormon.
D. Todd Christofferson
(50) D. Todd Christofferson encourages and prays for a woman who feels inadequate as a mother.
L. Whitney Clayton
(36) A seven-year-old girl who survives a plane crash stumbles toward a light in the distance until she reaches safety.
Quentin L. Cook
(62) The uncle of Quentin L. Cook is killed in action during World War II. A Samoan Church member desiring to pray about his illness sees a doctor to find out what’s wrong.
Cheryl A. Esplin
(8) Cheryl A. Esplin attends a meeting where sisters learn that truth and the Holy Ghost give their homes and families power to withstand evil. The sister of Cheryl A. Esplin’s great-grandfather receives a powerful impression about sharing her testimony.
Henry B. Eyring
(17) The Holy Ghost brings comfort and strength to the grieving parents of a little boy who died in an accident.
(22) Henry B. Eyring feels blessed that his fast offering may help Saints in Vanuatu devastated by a tropical storm. A sister expresses gratitude for fast offerings that sustained her and other Church members during a civil war in Sierra Leone.
(84) While 13-year-old Henry B. Eyring is collecting fast offerings, a man tells him to go away. Henry B. Eyring is inspired to bless an injured child to live. The Holy Ghost inspires a dying man to serve in his calling and allows him to feel his bishop’s heavy load.
Larry M. Gibson
(77) The father of Larry M. Gibson gives him a silver dollar to remind him of his eternal destiny. Larry M. Gibson walks 50 miles (80 km) in 19 hours with his sons.
Jeffrey R. Holland
(104) A young man saves his older brother from falling from a canyon wall by grabbing his wrists and pulling him to safety.
Thomas S. Monson
(88) As a deacon, Thomas S. Monson feels blessed when he takes the sacrament to an ill man. Thomas S. Monson develops a love for the Book of Mormon after visiting the gravesite of Martin Harris. While in the navy, Thomas S. Monson gives a priesthood blessing to a friend, who is healed.
(91) After praying in the temple about returning to his mission, a young man receives assurance from a returned missionary who served in the same mission.
Brent H. Nielson
Bonnie L. Oscarson
(14) A young woman in Italy in 1850 stands up to a mob. Bonnie L. Oscarson’s daughter defends motherhood at her children’s school.
Boyd K. Packer
(26) Boyd K. Packer waits outside the college classroom of his future wife, Donna Smith, for her to give him a cookie and a kiss.
Kevin W. Pearson
(114) President Heber J. Grant prays that he can stay faithful to the end. Kevin W. Pearson leaves his employment to accept a call as a mission president.
Rafael E. Pino
(117) Rafael E. Pino’s children learn to appreciate perspective from a television show and a jigsaw puzzle. A boy asks Michelangelo how he knew the figure of David was in a block of marble.
Dale G. Renlund
(56) A mother in South Africa teaches her daughter tolerance. A missionary receives an impression that helps him be patient with his companion.
Michael T. Ringwood
(59) Michael T. Ringwood learns on his mission and in seminary that the service that counts most is usually recognized only by God.
Joseph W. Sitati
(126) Joseph W. Sitati lifts himself from humble circumstances by obtaining a good education.
(70) A deacon warns his classmates about pornography. Ulisses Soares learns on his mission that evil cannot thwart the power of a disciple’s testimony.
Carole M. Stephens
(11) Carole M. Stephens visits with a Native American sister in Arizona, USA, who considers herself a grandmother to everyone.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
(80) A governor in Russia assembles peasants and shop facades to impress visiting ambassadors. Stake leaders set goals that focus on their ministry.
Rosemary M. Wixom
(93) A less-active sister rekindles her faith after studying the gospel, reading the Book of Mormon, and receiving support from family and ward members.
Jorge F. Zeballos
(123) The father of 12-year-old Jorge F. Zeballos allows him to join the Church. A faithful couple accepts Heavenly Father’s will when their baby dies.