“Flannel Board Color Page: ‘He Is Risen’” Tambuli, Apr. 1978, 25
1. After Jesus was crucified, his friends took his body to prepare it for burial.
2. Joseph of Arimathaea had Jesus’ body placed in the tomb he had prepared for himself.
3. A huge stone was rolled in front of the tomb to guard it. The chief priests and Pharisees told Pilate that while Jesus was still alive, he had said that in three days he would rise again.
4. Soldiers were placed to guard the tomb so the disciples would not come and take the body of Jesus out of the tomb and say he was risen.
5. After his resurrection Jesus found many in the garden weeping. He said, “Woman, why weepest thou?” Mary, supposing him to be the gardener said, “Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.” Gently Jesus said, “Mary.” Then Mary recognized it was Jesus standing before her.