“Articles of Faith Matchup,” Friend, Oct. 1996, 25
Instructions: Carefully remove pages 24 and 25 from the magazine. Mount them on lightweight cardboard or construction paper, and cut out the cards. To play the game, place the cards face-down on the floor or a table and mix them up. Take turns turning over any two cards, trying to find the matching halves of each article of faith. If the two cards don’t match, turn them back over and let the next player take a turn. When a match is made, the player who made it reads the completed article of faith, then keeps those two cards. The player with the most cards at the end wins.
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance;
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church,
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation,
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly;
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent;
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things,
His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
not for Adam’s transgression.
obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.