“Conference Story Index,” Ensign, Nov. 2013, 125
The following list of selected experiences from general conference addresses can be used in personal study, family home evening, and other teaching. The speakers are listed in alphabetical order, and the number refers to the first page of the talk.
Neil L. Andersen
(92) A faithful Brazilian mother, prohibited by her husband from attending church, sends her children to church.
M. Russell Ballard
(43) A family enjoys missionary success after taking to heart the challenge to hasten the work of salvation.
David A. Bednar
(17) The family of Susan Bednar (then a young woman) is blessed by living the law of tithing.
(49) Gérald Caussé and his family find living in a new city easier due to the warm reception from Latter-day Saints.
D. Todd Christofferson
(29) Anna Daines joins a volunteer group and helps her community overcome prejudice toward Latter-day Saints.
Quentin L. Cook
(88) Quentin L. Cook and other attorneys at his firm decide to create a family-friendly work environment.
(15) Young Edward Dube’s mother tells him to look ahead, not behind, as they work together in a field.
Timothy J. Dyches
(37) Corrie ten Boom forgives a former Nazi soldier who had been one of her guards at a concentration camp.
Henry B. Eyring
(58) Young Henry B. Eyring is blessed as he accompanies his bishop on visits to members in need.
(69) Mildred and Henry Eyring become unified in their decision to move back to Utah, near her family.
Randy D. Funk
(52) After hearing the account of Joseph Smith in a language she cannot understand, an investigator in India asks for baptism.
Kevin S. Hamilton
(99) A family begins to leave the Church with a decision to take a Sunday ride rather than attend sacrament meeting.
Jeffrey R. Holland
(40) A sister finds purpose as a mother after being severely injured in a plane crash.
Richard J. Maynes
(79) The great-grandfather of Richard J. Maynes suffers a fatal heart attack while serving a mission.
Thomas S. Monson
(61) A faithful home teacher is filled with gratitude when someone he visited for years joins the Church.
(85) Thomas S. Monson gives a priesthood blessing to an elderly brother who can no longer see or hear.
S. Gifford Nielsen
(33) A stake president has a successful missionary’s worn-out shoes bronzed.
(102) Family members rejoice when young Adrián Ochoa and two cousins return home after a severe storm.
Bonnie L. Oscarson
(76) Agnes Hoggan refuses to allow her 16-year-old daughter to be adopted into a non-LDS family.
Boyd K. Packer
(26) Boyd K. Packer is counseled to urge members of a struggling stake to read the scriptures.
L. Tom Perry
(46) As a boy, L. Tom Perry and other Primary children hike to a favorite canyon spot with their teacher.
Linda S. Reeves
(118) A woman progressing toward baptism walks two miles (3 km) in mud to attend church.
(9) Moses Mahlangu and others in South Africa sit outside a church and listen to services through a window.
Carole M. Stephens
(12) Faithful sisters in Honduras receive priesthood blessings from their Church leaders.
(115) A 10-year-old boy keeps his covenant to mourn with others as he comforts his widowed great-grandmother.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
(21) A man has a dream in which a Latter-day Saint couple explain opportunities for service in the Church.
(55) Dieter F. Uchtdorf falls while skiing and has trouble getting up until his grandson helps him.
(35) A less-active sister returns to church after feeling the Holy Ghost while singing a hymn with her visiting teachers.
Terence M. Vinson
(104) The prayer of a faithful Church member in Papua New Guinea is answered when rain suddenly puts out a fire that threatens village crops.