1996
Contents
previous next

“Contents,” Ensign, July 1996, 1

Ensign

July 1996

Volume 26 Number 7

On the cover: Front and back photos by John Luke.

Inside front cover: Red Cliffs, by Al Rounds, watercolor on paper, 17″ x 23″, 1988. Courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Freeman. Located in the southwestern corner of Utah, the six-acre site for the St. George Temple was selected by President Brigham Young in 1871. Built of native red sandstone quarried north of the city and then plastered white, the temple was dedicated in 1877, a few months before President Young’s death.

Inside back cover: Ruth and Naomi, by Judith Mehr, oil on canvas, 43″ x 58″, 1992. Receiving refreshment from her mother-in-law, Naomi, Ruth tarried many hours in the fields of Boaz to sustain them both. For her loyalty and dedication, Ruth was promised, “The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust” (Ruth 2:12).