Arizona Temple Rededicated
May 1975

“Arizona Temple Rededicated,” Ensign, May 1975, 128

Arizona Temple Rededicated

President Spencer W. Kimball rededicated the Arizona Temple in six services April 15 and 16. The temple, which had been closed for a year for remodeling, has now been reopened for regular sessions.

In addition to being broadcast to the audience in the temple, the dedicatory services were transmitted by closed circuit television to the nearby visitors center and tri-stake center. The three buildings have a combined capacity of 4,600 seats.

The temple was originally dedicated in 1927, but rededication was deemed necessary because of extensive interior remodeling and the addition of an annex. For two weeks prior to the rededication the temple was open for public tours; in the first day alone it was viewed by 16,273 persons.

Additional information about the dedication will appear in the June Ensign.


Views of newly remodeled Arizona Temple, including an interior view of the baptismal font. The covers and inside covers of this issue also feature the Arizona Temple. (Photographs by Eldon Linschoten and Frank Gale. Pictures copyright by the Corporation of the President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.)