1973
Carriage House Dedicated
previous next

“Carriage House Dedicated,” Ensign, Nov. 1973, 93

Carriage House Dedicated

The Saramarie J. Van Dyke Carriage House, a newly-constructed addition to the Pioneer Memorial Museum, Salt Lake City, was dedicated earlier this month and is now open to the public. The first floor of the new building is devoted to a display of Brigham Young’s wagon, left, original handcarts, and other memorabilia. The basement exhibits include an old army wagon, a mule-drawn streetcar that operated in Salt Lake City from 1872 to 1891, and a horse-drawn fire engine. Access to the new Carriage House is through the Pioneer Museum which houses many thousands of exhibits related to the pioneer period.