These materials are intended to help teachers in their own study and in their efforts to guide students in finding accurate and faithful answers to their questions. Click here for more information on how to use these resources.
Official Church Resources
- Church History Library: Online access to a variety of materials and collections such as journals, old photos, and databases.
- Church History Resources: Links to various Church history resources.
- Gospel Topics: Brief explanations on topics related to the doctrine and history of the Church.
- I Was a Stranger: Information on how to become involved with helping refugees.
- Joseph Smith Papers: Manuscripts and documents associated with the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- LDS Scriptures: Official LDS edition of the scriptures and study aids.
- Mormon and Gay: An official publication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on same-sex attraction.
- Mormon Newsroom Topics and Background: Latest statements on Church doctrine, beliefs, and policies.
- Mormon.org: Information about the Church (its people, values, and beliefs) for those who are not members of the Church.
- Preventing Suicide: Information and resources for those who struggle with thoughts of suicide, those who know someone who does, and those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- Religious Freedom: Information about religious freedom and what you can do to protect it.
- Revelations in Context: Historical context and insights for the revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants.
- Saints: A four-volume narrative history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
(The following websites are maintained by a third party that is affiliated with the Church. By linking to this content The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not endorse the content of these sites.)
- BYU Speeches: Searchable collection of speeches delivered at Brigham Young University by Church leaders and others.
- BYU Studies Quarterly: Scholarly journal devoted to Latter-day Saint studies relating to scripture, Church history, and theology.
- LDS General Conference Corpus: Searchable collection of all general conference talks given from 1851 to the present.
- Encyclopedia of Mormonism: Online access to the Encyclopedia of Mormonism.
- LDS Scripture Citation Index: Complete index of all scripture passages used in general conference talks.
- Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship: Collection of scholarly research designed to deepen understanding of religious texts and traditions.
- Religious Educator: Scholarly journal for religious educators that focuses on Church doctrine and history and on effective teaching.
- Religious Studies Center: Published research focusing on Church doctrine and history that encourages faithful gospel scholarship.
- Studies in Mormon History: Citation information for numerous articles, books, theses, and dissertations on LDS history and culture. Includes some abstracts and links to full text.
(The following websites are maintained by a third party that is unaffiliated with the Church. By linking to this content The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not endorse the content of these sites.)
- 1828 edition of Webster’s American Dictionary of the English Language: Word definitions commonly used in the time of the Restoration of the Church.
- Book of Mormon Central: Information that was created to explain, engage, inspire, and encourage greater knowledge and appreciation of every aspect of the Book of Mormon.
- FairMormon: Well-reasoned and faithful responses to doctrinal, historical, and social questions.
- Joseph Smith’s Polygamy: Information about Joseph Smith’s plural marriage practices and teachings.
- Mormon Scholars Testify: Messages of faith from scholars who belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The Interpreter Foundation: Independent organization that focuses on the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They publish a peer-reviewed journal: Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture.