Links to Gospel Study Resources
These materials are intended to help teachers in their own study and in their efforts to guide students in finding accurate and faithful answers to their questions. Click here for more information on how to use these resources.
Official Church Resources
- Church History Library: Online access to a variety of materials and collections such as journals, old photos, and databases.
- Church History Resources: Links to various Church history resources.
- Church History Topics: Features topics and videos exploring the history of the Church.
- Joseph Smith Papers: A collection of existing documents associated with the life, teachings, and ministry of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- Revelations in Context: Historical context and insights for the revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants.
- Saints: A four-volume narrative history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Beliefs, Teachings, and Practices
- ComeUntoChrist: Information about the Church (its people, values, and beliefs) for those who are not members.
- General Conference: A collection of messages by Church leaders given twice yearly in worldwide conferences.
- General Handbook: Serving in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Explanations of the principles, policies, and procedures of the Church.
- Gospel Media: A collection of media created by the Church.
- Gospel Topics: Brief overviews addressing what Latter-day Saints believe, including links to additional resources.
- Scriptures: Official editions of the scriptures and study aids published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Magazines: A collection of Church magazines published from 1971 to the present.
- Religious Freedom: Information about religious freedom and what you can do to protect it.
- Temples: Resources explaining the purpose and locations of temples around the world.
- Newsroom: Features news releases, stories, commentary, photos, video files, topics, and frequently asked questions about the Church.
- Life Help: A collection of resources to assist people facing the challenges of life.
- I Was a Stranger: Information on how to become involved with helping refugees.
- This Is Ministering: A discussion of what it means to minister like the Savior.
The following websites are maintained by third parties that are affiliated with the Church. Linking to this content does not imply endorsement by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- BYU Speeches: Searchable collection of speeches delivered at Brigham Young University by Church leaders and others.
- BYU Studies Quarterly: Scholarly journal devoted to Latter-day Saint studies relating to scripture, Church history, and theology.
- BYU Religious Studies Center: Published research focusing on Church doctrine and history that encourages faithful gospel scholarship.
- Studies in Mormon History: Citation information for numerous articles, books, theses, and dissertations on Latter-day Saint history and culture. Includes some abstracts and links to full text.
The following websites are maintained by third parties that are not affiliated with the Church. Linking to this content does not imply endorsement by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- 1828 edition of Webster’s American Dictionary of the English Language: Word definitions commonly used in the time of the Restoration of the Church.
- Book of Mormon Central: Information that is provided to explain, engage, inspire, and encourage greater knowledge and appreciation of the Book of Mormon. Includes links to additional resources for the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price.
- FAIR: Faithful and informed responses to doctrinal, historical, and social questions about Church history and doctrine.
- LDS General Conference Corpus: Searchable collection of all general conference talks given from 1851 to the present.
- Encyclopedia of Mormonism: Online access to the Encyclopedia of Mormonism.
- Scripture Citation Index: Complete index of all scripture passages used in general conference talks.
- Faith is not Blind: Stories and podcasts by Latter-day Saints who share the challenges and joys of living by faith.
- Joseph Smith’s Polygamy: Information about Joseph Smith’s plural marriage practices and teachings.
- Latter-day Saint Scholars Testify: Messages of faith from scholars who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The Interpreter Foundation: An independent organization that focuses on the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They publish a peer-reviewed journal: Interpreter: A Journal of Latter-day Saint Faith and Scholarship.