Messages from Leaders
- “Beauty All Around” (Feb. 2013 Liahona and Friend)
These pages talk about President Boyd K. Packer’s love for animals and his hobby of carving birds.
- “My Fishing Lessons” (Feb. 2011 Friend)
Elder James J. Hamula of the Seventy tells about his experiences fishing on the river and how they prepared him for bringing people to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- “My Brother and the Puppy” (Sept. 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Keith R. Edwards shares a story about the pet dog he had as a child.
- “We May Be like Him” (Jan. 2004 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares a story about young chicks and how they grow up to be like their parents.
- “Cole Helps the Baby Birds” (Sept. 2018 Friend)
A rebus story about a boy helping birds whose nest was blown out of a tree. Includes an activity about being kind to animals.
- “A Garden Full of Blessings” (Mar. 2014 Liahona and Friend)
A girl doesn’t like bees until she learns how important they are for growing food.
- “Praying for the Fawn” (July 2013 Friend)
A boy tells about how he prayed for an abandoned baby deer.
- “Saving the Wheat” (July 2012 Friend)
A retelling of the seagulls eating the crickets to save the crops of the pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley.
- “Do Animals Have Spirits? What Happens to Them after They Die?” (Mar. 2012 Liahona and New Era)
This message teaches that although we don’t have a complete understanding of what happens to animals after they die, we believe that they will enjoy some kind of salvation.
- “Kindness to All Creatures” (Mar. 2011 Friend)
A story about President David O. McKay’s love for all of God’s creations.
- “Jehovah Keeps His Promises” (Mar. 2010 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Noah and the ark.
- “A Prayer for Muffie” (June 2009 Friend)
When a boy has to give away his pet dog, he learns that Heavenly Father cares about animals.
- “Chicks and Hens” (Apr. 2009 Friend)
A short story about how a mother hen protects her chicks. Includes a maze to help chicks find their mother.
- “Be Kind to Animals” (Oct. 2006 Friend)
A girl works with an animal shelter to care for animals.
- “Two Birds” (Oct. 2005 Friend)
A rebus story about two birds caught in a store.
- “David’s Pet Boar” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A story about how President David O. McKay loved his pet boar.
- “Noah and the Flood” (Oct. 2002 Friend)
A rebus story about Noah and the ark. Includes an activity to help children retell Noah’s story.
- “Please Bless Ace” (November 2019 Friend)
Zach feels peace after praying that his sick dog will live. But when the dog dies, he wonders if Heavenly Father really answered his prayer.
- “Sharing Time: Reverence for Heavenly Father’s Creations” (Nov. 1992 Liahona and Friend)
President Howard W. Hunter saves a kitten from drowning.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Caring for Animals” (Sept. 2018 Friend)
Tips for helping young children learn to be kind to animals.
- “Furry Fun” (Apr. 2018 Friend)
Cut out strips to make a picture of different dogs.
- Coloring Page: “I Can Be Kind” (Sept. 2017 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I Can Show Love for Animals” (Nov. 2016 Friend)
- “Family Looking for Birds” (July 2016 Friend)
Find all the hidden birds in this illustration of a family looking for birds.
- “Creatures and Critters” (Mar. 2016 Friend)
A crossword puzzle made up of riddles about animals mentioned in the scriptures.
- “Fruit and Veggie Butterflies” (Feb. 2012 Friend)
Use fruit, vegetables, and other foods to make snacks that look like butterflies.
- “Animal Scriptures and Letter Square” (May 2011 Friend)
Fill in the blanks with words from the scriptures, and then find the words in a word search.
- “Animal Matchup” (Feb. 2006 Friend)
A simple, printable matching game.
- “Bird Ornament” (Dec. 2008 Friend)
Copy and cut out a bird to color and decorate with yarn.
- “Animal Riddles” (Apr. 2008 Friend)
Figure out which animals these clues are talking about.
- “For the Birds” (Oct. 2007 Friend)
A collection of riddles and jokes about birds.
- “Forest Friends” (Sept. 2007 Friend)
A word search using names of 20 forest animals.
- “Barnyard Music” (Aug. 2007 Friend)
A poem and activity. Color the picture, and point to the animal or object making the sound.
- “Who Caught the Fish?” (May 2007 Friend)
Follow the strings to see who caught the fish.
- “Go Fish” (Mar. 2007 Friend)
For every fish on the page, name a blessing that Heavenly Father has given you.
- “Wonders” (Nov. 2005 Friend)
This picture to color includes a poem.
- “Mixed-Up Animals” (Sept. 2005 Friend)
Look up scriptures to sort the animals on Noah’s ark.
- “Animal Riddles” (July 2005 Friend)
Guess the correct answers for these animal riddles.
- “Our Animal Friends” (Jan. 2005 Friend)
Act or make sounds like the animals that are described.
- “Go Fishing” (July 2003 Friend)
Find and color the fish.
- “Go Fish!” (May 2003 Friend)
A word search using names of fish.
- “God’s Creatures” (Feb. 1998 Friend)
Draw a line from the picture of each animal to the bigger picture of that animal.
- “Animal Jingles” (May 1997 Friend)
Match the pictures of animals with the sounds they make.
- “Wild Animal Crossword” (Sept. 1971 Friend)
Figure out the clues to solve the crossword puzzle.
- Image Collection: “Animals”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Noah and Animals”
- Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 2: Jesus Makes the Earth”
- Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 6: Noah”
- Primary Symbols, “Animals”
- Primary Symbols, “Birds”
- Primary Symbols, “Creation: Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden”
- Primary Symbols, “Creation: Beasts on the Earth”
- Primary Symbols, “Creation: Fowls and Fishes”
- Primary Symbols, “I Will Take Care of My Body”
- Primary Symbols, “Jesus Christ Created the World for Me”
Music and Poems
- Poem: “The Seagulls” (July 2011 Friend)
A poem about the seagulls and the crickets.
- Poem: “Butterfly Wings” (May 2009 Friend)
An action poem and information about butterflies.
- Poem: “These Amazing Creatures” (May 1986 Friend)
A poem about the role of God’s creatures.
- Music: “All Things Bright and Beautiful” (Children’s Songbook, 231)
- Music: “Beauty Everywhere” (Children’s Songbook, 232)
- Music: “Because It’s Spring” (Children’s Songbook, 239)
- Music: “Birds in the Tree” (Children’s Songbook, 241)
- Music: “God Is Watching over All” (Children’s Songbook, 229)
- Music: “Happy Song” (Children’s Songbook, 264)
- Music: “In the Leafy Treetops” (Children’s Songbook, 240)
- Music: “I Think the World Is Glorious” (Children’s Songbook, 230)
- Music: “My Heavenly Father Loves Me” (Children’s Songbook, 228)
- Music: “Oh, What Do You Do in the Summertime?”(Children’s Songbook, 245)
- Music: “The World Is So Big” (Children’s Songbook, 235)
- Sheet Music: “Don’t Kill the Birds” (Aug. 1979 Friend)
- Video: “Creatures Revealed”
Clips of animals camouflaged in nature.
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 2: Jesus Makes the Earth”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 6: Noah”