“The Church in Panama,” New Era, Feb. 2010, 39
In 1941, the first branch was organized for military personnel stationed in the Panama Canal area. Church membership at that time was 100.
In 1961, Elder Marion G. Romney of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gave Church literature to the president, Roberto F. Chiari. When the government officially recognized the Church in 1965, missionary efforts began.
The first meetinghouse was completed in April 1970 on the Ustopo island. In 1989, when the Panama City Mission was created, there were 10,400 members in Panama.
Here are a few facts about the Church today in Panama:
Wards & Branches
Family History Centers