“New Area Leadership Assignments,” Liahona, Oct. 2005, N1–N2
The First Presidency has announced changes in assignments for area leadership. The changes are effective beginning August 15, 2005.
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has completed an assignment as President of the Europe Central Area. Elder Neil L. Andersen and Elder Ronald A. Rasband have been called to serve in the Presidency of the Seventy.
All members of Area Presidencies belong to the First or Second Quorum of the Seventy unless otherwise noted.
Presidency of the Seventy: Earl C. Tingey: 1. North America East, 2. North America Northeast; D. Todd Christofferson: 3. North America Southeast; Charles Didier: 4. North America Southwest; Merrill J. Bateman: 5. Utah North, 6. Utah Salt Lake City, 7. Utah South; Robert C. Oaks: 8. North America Central; Neil L. Andersen: 9. Idaho; Ronald A. Rasband: 10. North America Northwest, 11. North America West
12. Mexico North: Robert J. Whetten, President; C. Scott Grow, First Counselor; Jorge A. Rojas*, Second Counselor
13. Mexico South: Craig C. Christensen, President; Clate W. Mask, First Counselor; Marco A. Cardenas*, Second Counselor
14. Central America: Spencer V. Jones, President; W. Douglas Shumway, First Counselor; Jose E. Boza*, Second Counselor
15. South America North: Claudio R. M. Costa, President; Benjamin De Hoyos, First Counselor; César A. Dávila*, Second Counselor
16. South America West: Carlos H. Amado, President; James M. Dunn, First Counselor; Willy F. Zuzunaga*, Second Counselor
17. Brazil North: Robert R. Steuer, President; Walter F. González, First Counselor; Pedro J. Penha*, Second Counselor
18. Brazil South: Mervyn B. Arnold, President; Ulisses Soares, First Counselor; Paulo R. Grahl*, Second Counselor
19. Chile: Francisco J. Viñas, President; Carl B. Pratt, First Counselor; Oscar W. Chavez*, Second Counselor
20. South America South: L. Whitney Clayton, President; Lynn G. Robbins, First Counselor; Fernando D. Ortega*, Second Counselor
21. Europe West: Gerald N. Lund, President; Kenneth Johnson, First Counselor; David S. Baxter*, Second Counselor
22. Europe Central: Bruce C. Hafen, President; W. Craig Zwick, First Counselor; Wolfgang H. Paul, Second Counselor
23. Europe East: Dennis B. Neuenschwander, President; Wayne S. Peterson, First Counselor; Paul B. Pieper, Second Counselor
24. Africa West: Sheldon F. Child, President; Lowell M. Snow, First Counselor; Adesina J. Olukanni*, Second Counselor
25. Africa Southeast: Christoffel Golden Jr., President; William W. Parmley, First Counselor; Allen P. Young*, Second Counselor
26. Asia: Daryl H. Garn, President; Donald L. Hallstrom, First Counselor; D. Allen Andersen*, Second Counselor
27. Asia North: William R. Walker, President; David F. Evans, First Counselor; Won Yong Ko, Second Counselor
28. Philippines: Richard J. Maynes, President; D. Rex Gerratt, First Counselor; Remus G. Villarete*, Second Counselor
29. Australia: David R. Stone, President; Paul K. Sybrowsky, First Counselor; John R. Gibson*, Second Counselor
30. New Zealand/Pacific Islands: Spencer J. Condie, President; H. Bruce Stucki, First Counselor; Richard H. Winkel, Second Counselor