Contents
previous next

“Contents,” Tambuli, Jan. 1980, inside front cover

Tambuli

January 1980

Volume 4, Number 1

On the front cover: Hawaii Temple, Laie, Hawaii. Originally dedicated 27 November 1919, the temple was rededicated by President Spencer W. Kimball on 13 June 1978 following a two year remodeling project that provided a new front entrance and enlarged patron and administrative facilities. Photography by Eldon Linschoten.

On the back cover: St. George Temple, St. George, Utah. Brigham Young broke ground for this temple on 9 November 1871. He laid the cornerstone on 1 April 1874 and offered the dedicatory prayer. On 6 April 1877, the final dedication took place under his direction, with Daniel H. Wells, his counselor, offering the dedicatory prayer. This temple was remodeled to accommodate more users, and it was rededicated by President Spencer W. Kimball on November 11 and 12, 1975.