“Conference Story Index,” Ensign, May 2013, 132
The following list of selected experiences from general conference can be used in personal study, family home evening, and other teaching. The number refers to the first page of the talk.
Elder Neil L. Andersen
(77) Couples in Mozambique follow the Savior instead of their traditions.
Elder M. Russell Ballard
(18) A seven-year-old granddaughter revives a wilted tomato plant.
David L. Beck
(55) Aaronic Priesthood holders befriend a young woman who faces bullying.
A deacon in Bangalore, India, helps activate all the young men in his branch.
Elder Tad R. Callister
(52) Seventeen-year-old George F. Richards learns of priesthood power by giving his mother a blessing.
Elder D. Todd Christofferson
(109) The mother of D. Todd Christofferson helps a young woman in need to reach her potential.
Mary N. Cook
(118) A young woman faces her father’s death and her mother’s battle with cancer by exercising faith.
Elder Quentin L. Cook
(32) A Hindu woman feels peace during the open house of the Suva Fiji Temple.
Bishop Dean M. Davies
(9) The Loma Prieta, California, USA, earthquake in 1989 reaffirms in the mind and heart of Dean M. Davies the importance of building our lives on a firm foundation.
Ann M. Dibb
(115) A less-active young woman feels the Spirit during Young Women camp.
President Henry B. Eyring
(62) An orphan boy becomes the first member of the Church in a city of 130,000.
While serving in New Mexico, USA, and in New England, USA, Henry B. Eyring sees God’s hand in building His kingdom.
Elder Enrique R. Falabella
(102) Church members in Arizona, USA, give Enrique R. Falabella and his wife money so they can return to Guatemala following their temple marriage.
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
(93) Jeffrey R. Holland tells a 14-year-old boy he need never apologize for “only believing.”
President Thomas S. Monson
(66) A man in Canada investigates and joins the Church after two full-time missionaries bear powerful testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
By expressing love in his weekly letters, a full-time missionary brings his father into the Church.
(89) Eight-year-old Thomas S. Monson learns obedience after lighting a field on fire.
A faithful Church member in Hungary saves his tithing for years until he can give it to his home teachers.
Elder Richard G. Scott
(29) A full-time missionary wants to pattern his future family after his mission president’s family.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
(70) West African Saints begin singing hymns after the electrical power goes out in their meetinghouse.
The gospel helps a young woman overcome the darkness of an abusive upbringing.
(125) Dieter F. Uchtdorf and members of his family flee from East Germany.