“Contents,” Ensign, Sept. 1989, 1EnsignSeptember 1989Volume 19 Number 9ContentsSpecial FeaturesFirst Presidency Message: The Precious Gift of SightPresident Thomas S. MonsonSeeing the Constitution as CovenantLynn D. WardleThe Tabernacle Choir—Beyond the “Crossroads of the West”Renon Klossner HuletWhen Couples Don’t Listen to Each OtherLarry K. LangloisMy Miracle FriendMarilyn J. WhippleA Unique MelodyNorma B. AshtonLove, Discipline, and Tender HeartsMollie H. SorensenNew ZealandTina DilKiwi SaintsTina Dil, Cynthia B. Oliver, and Jill PalmerRoots of FaithR. Lanier BritschNew Zealand—The LDS ProfileAotearoa—“Land of the Long White Cloud”Within the Heart’s ReachDon L. SearleGrappling with the Green-Backed MonsterAnya BatemanRegular FeaturesThe Visiting Teacher: Life Is EternalI Have a Question: Responding to poverty and starvationLaVonne VanOrdenMormon JournalThe Dream Seemed Meaningless Johann SchneiderThere’s Room in My Chart Bag Michael J. AbdoA Thousand Copies of the Book Thomas M. Hadley“Where Are the Prophets?” Ann Nicodemus ChristensenRandom SamplerHome Evening MissionsOne-a-DaysIt’s a Cinch to Save a LifeCommentNews of the ChurchOn the cover: Against a background of sheep grazing near Lake Te Anau are some Latter-day Saints of New Zealand: Janie and Andrew Higgins of the Paeroa Branch (front cover); young Wellington members from a variety of ethnic backgrounds (back cover, top); students at the Church College of New Zealand (back, center); a member walking near the Upper Hutt stake center (back, bottom). Photography by Paul G. Fillmore (landscape), Lindsay Dil (front), and Roseanne Jones (back).Inside front cover: The Mortal Moroni, by Avard Fairbanks; 8′, bronze statue, 1980, located in a Manti, Utah, park. Photography by Jed A. Clark. Among Church-related subjects LDS sculptor Avard Fairbanks depicted is this statue of The Mortal Moroni, which stands in a park west of the Manti Temple.Inside back cover: Gadfield Elm Chapel (United Brethren), by Al Rounds, 25″ by 19″, watercolor, 1988. Courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Emery. The Gadfield Elm Chapel, in Eldersfield, Worcester, England, was built in 1836 by members of the United Brethren, who were “calling upon the Lord to … send them light and knowledge that they might know the true way to be saved,” wrote Wilford Woodruff. He baptized many of them—including about forty of their preachers. The group gave the building to the Church, and it was later the site of a June 1840 conference at which twelve branches of the Church were organized.