Download a PDF of 2019 October General Conference Talk Summaries
Contributed By Rachel Sterzer Gibson, Church News staff writer
As a service to readers, the Church News has created a downloadable PDF summarizing each talk offered during general conference October 5–6, 2019:
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland welcomed members to the 189th Semiannual General Conference of the Church with an invitation to “find Jesus at the center of it all”—including at general conference.
“To grasp the vision we are seeking, the healing that He promises, the significance we somehow know is here, we must cut through the commotion—as joyful as it is—and fix our attention on Him. The prayer of every speaker, the hope of all who sing, the reverence of every guest—we are all dedicated to inviting the spirit of Him whose Church this is—the living Christ, the Lamb of God, the Prince of Peace.”
This historic conference included many announcements:
- The discontinuation of ward Young Men presidencies
- The introduction of a new Young Women theme
- The retirement of the Beehive, Mia Maid, and Laurel class names and other structure changes
- The announcement of 8 new temples to be built
- The introduction of revised temple recommend questions
Attendees listen during the Sunday afternoon session of the 189th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City on October 6, 2019. Photo by Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News.