Messages from Leaders
- “Be a Shining Example” (August 2015 Friend)
Elder Bruce D. Porter shares stories of how his children were examples of faith, kindness, reading the scriptures, and courage.
- “The Book of Mormon: Our True Guide” (February 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Includes a scripture activity.
- “How can I gain a testimony of the scriptures?” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How can I learn more when I read the scriptures?”(April 2009 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares five principles for reading the scriptures.
- “How can I stay safe and happy in life?” (September 2015 Friend)
Thoughts by and a story from the life of Elder M. Russell Ballard.
- “How can the scriptures help me?” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
President Boyd K. Packer shares thoughts on the subject.
- “How Can the Scriptures Help Me?” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “My Special Books” (October 2012 Friend)
Elder Kent F. Richards shares how important his scriptures have been to him.
- “Scripture Power” (March 2016 Friend)
Elder James B. Martino shares a story about his grandson who has made a habit of reading the scriptures every day.
- “Scriptures and Firewood” (June 2010 Friend)
Elder Allan F. Packer teaches about reading the scriptures for understanding.
- “Scriptures under the Stars” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bonnie L. Oscarson talks about how she gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
- “Small Things” (August 2007 Friend)
Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander shares how small things, like reading our scriptures and being polite, can convert us to the Lord.
- “Special Witness: How Can My Scripture Study Be More Meaningful?” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring gives five guidelines to help make the scriptures more meaningful.
- “Teaching Our Children from the Scriptures” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Cheryl C. Lant shares ideas for teaching children from the scriptures.
- “What can I learn from the scriptures?” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson talks about the blessings that scriptures bring.
- “What the Bible Taught Me” (December 2015 Friend)
Elder Christoffel Golden shares how reading the Bible when he was young helped him to know the gospel was true when the missionaries taught his family.
- “Why is it important to have both the Bible and the Book of Mormon?” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry testifies that both the Bible and the Book of Mormon are necessary for our salvation.
- “Why is it important to read the scriptures?”(February 2011 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares some thoughts on this subject.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Teaching Scripture Stories” (November 2018 Friend)
Ideas for teaching scriptures stories to young children.
- “Always Ready” (February 2012 Friend)
Jeffrey faces many choices throughout the day, but he reads his scriptures in the morning so he can receive extra help to make good media choices all day.
- “Book of Mormon Buddies” (April 2018 Friend)
Tori, a new member of the church, gets help from her friend Erica to be able to read the Book of Mormon every day.
- “Book of Mormon Challenge” (April 2015 Friend)
Blake decided he would read the Book of Mormon … again!
- “The Dinner Game” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A family starts a new tradition of guessing scripture quotes while eating Sunday dinner.
- “Doing Something Good with My Time” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Clayton decides to use his time wisely by memorizing the Articles of Faith.
- “The Good Shepherd” (June 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Learn about the parable of the Good Shepherd and Jesus blessing children. Includes a picture-craft printout.
- “Hi! I’m Will from Taiwan!” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Will likes reading the scriptures with his family and doing missionary work.
- “I Finished the Book of Mormon!” (April 2016 Friend)
Breanne tells about her family reading the Book of Mormon together.
- “Jesus Heals a Leper” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A lesson and activity to teach this scripture story.
- “A New Feeling” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Gabriel feels the Holy Ghost when his mother reads about Jesus talking to children in the Book of Mormon.
- “The Parable of the Talents” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Jesus taught us to use and improve our talents. Includes an idea for a family activity.
- “Ready to Read” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl who struggles with dyslexia is brave and reads her scriptures aloud in Primary.
- Rebus Scripture Stories Collection
- “The Scriptures Are Special Books” (January 2019 Friend)
A rebus story about Camila who loves books, especially the scriptures. Includes a simple activity.
- Scripture Retellings Collection
- Scripture Stories Links
- “Scriptures in a Suitcase” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
A girl has a missionary opportunity when she reads her Book of Mormon at a school camp.
- “Show and Tell” (March 2015 Friend)
Children bear testimony of friendship, covenants, scripture reading, and more.
- “Stories of Jesus: Printing the Words of Jesus Christ”(March 2013 Friend)
An explanation of how the Book of Mormon was written by ancient prophets.
- “Thankful for Scriptures” (November 2018 Friend)
Rebus about James reading the Book of Mormon.
- “Thomas’s Testimony” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy turns to the scriptures to help him gain a testimony.
- Coloring Page: “I Love Scripture Stories!” (November 2018 Friend)
- “Bringing the Scriptures to Life” (February 2013 Friend)
Ideas for applying the scriptures to your own life.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Scriptures and Righteousness
In “Truth Will Prevail” (September 2006 Liahona andFriend), President Hinckley asks us to write down a scripture and read it every morning. On small pieces of paper or sticky notes, have everyone write down 2 Timothy 1:7-8. Then write down a few more favorite scriptures. Have family members put these reminders where they will see them each day—by their bed, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, etc. At your next family home evening, discuss how these daily reminders helped each person follow Christ.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Women in the Scriptures
Complete the activity “Women of the Gospel” (May 2006Friend). Then divide into teams and use the Topical Guide, Bible Dictionary, and Index to find out one more fact about each woman listed. How is your own mother, grandmother, aunt, or teacher also an example of righteous traits? Remember to honor these women with gratitude and love.
- “Family Scripture Fun” (August 2013 Friend)
Make scripture reading fun with these cool ideas.
- “A Journey to Learn about Jesus Christ” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
An activity to help children learn about the life of Jesus Christ.
- “Listen for His Voice” (January 2011 Friend)
Connect the dots to see a picture of a child reading the scriptures.
- “Magic Scripture Square” (August 2006 Friend)
Look up scriptures to create a magic square.
- “Scripture Cards” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out these cards and place them in your scriptures. You can also write your own favorite scripture verses on each card!
- Scripture Figures Collection
- “Scripture Heroes” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Match each scripture hero with the right object.
- “Scripture Hero Search” (November 2016 Friend)
Look up scriptures to find out which scripture hero goes in each blank.
- “Scripture Journal” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Making a scripture journal can help you learn new scriptures and remember what they teach. Includes a template for a doorknob reminder.
- Scripture Reading Charts
- “The Scriptures Teach of Heavenly Father’s Plan”(February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a visual activity about Heavenly Father’s plan for us.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe the Scriptures Are the Word of God” (August 1995 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of each of the four books of scriptures. Includes a printable scripture reading activity.
- “Sharing Time: On the Right Path” (February 2000 Liahona and January 2000 Friend)
Includes a “gospel road signs” activity.
- “Studying the Scriptures” (January 2012 Friend)
Solve a code to find out what to do to learn more from the scriptures.
- “Testimony Toolbox” (April 2015 Friend)
Learn what tools you need to build a strong testimony.
- “Who Am I?” (February 2012 Friend)
Identify the Book of Mormon character being described in these short biographies.
- “Your Favorite Scripture” (October 2015 Friend)
Write your family’s favorite scriptures and how they have been helpful.
- “I Love the Scriptures” (July 2017 Liahona and Friend)
- "I Love Scripture Stories!" (November 2018 Friend)
- “The scriptures are the word of God.”(January 2011 Friend)
- “The scriptures teach me about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and how to return to Them.” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- “Ways to Study the Scriptures”(September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- “Scripture Figures Older Man” (January 2006 Liahonaand Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Older Woman” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any older women in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Man” (March 2006 Liahonaand Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger men in the scriptures.
- “Scripture Figure Younger Woman” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Use this scripture figure to represent any younger women in the scriptures.
- “Sharing Time: Read the Scriptures Daily” (June 1991 Liahona and March 1991 Friend)
Includes a coloring page to keep track of days of scripture reading.
- “Sharing Time: Search the Scriptures” (February 1985 Friend)
Includes a story from the life of President Spencer W. Kimball and a printable scripture reading bookmark to color.
- “Sharing Time: The Words of Christ” (March 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for making and coloring a scripture reference activity.
- “Ways to Study the Scriptures” (September 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes four pictures to color that show ideas for studying the scriptures.
- Bright Idea Poster: Elder Richard G. Scott—“Scriptures are like packets of light” (April 2013 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “I learn about Jesus when I read the scriptures.” (March 2017 Friend)
- Gospel Art: “Jesus Christ”
- Gospel Art: “The Liahona”
- “As Though I Had Been There” (May 1998 Friend)
- “As I Search the Holy Scriptures” (Hymns, 277)
- “Book of Mormon Stories” (Children’s Songbook118)
- “Hand and Hand Together” (May 2001 Friend)
- “Scripture Power” (October 1987 Friend)
- “Search, Ponder, and Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 109)
- “Seek the Lord Early” (Children’s Songbook, 108)
- “Study the Scriptures” (July 1990 Friend)
- “The Books in the Book of Mormon” (Children’s Songbook, 119)
- “The Books in the New Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 116)
- “The Books in the Old Testament” (Children’s Songbook, 114)
- “The Eighth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 127)
- “The Golden Plates” (Children’s Songbook, 86)
- “The Ninth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 128)
- Mormon Message, “A Book of Mormon Story”
- Bible Videos, “The Life of Jesus Christ”
Scenes from the New Testament.
- Book of Mormon Stories
- Doctrine and Covenants Stories
- New Testament Stories
- Old Testament Stories
- One in a Million, “Allison”
A girl asks her friends to share their favorite Bible verses with her as she prepares for baptism.
- "Scripture Treasures” (January 2015 Friend)
This poem tells of treasures you can find as you read the scriptures daily.
- “When I Read the Scriptures” (August 2005 Friend)
A short poem about the role of the scriptures in our lives.