- For Parents of Little Ones: “Taking the Sacrament” (October 2018 Friend)
Ideas for helping young children understand the meaning of the sacrament.
- “How should I behave in sacrament meeting?” (May 2010 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks shares some of his thoughts on the subject.
- “Jesus Administers the Sacrament” (October 2012 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Christ administering the sacrament among the Nephites.
- “Jesus Taught about the Sacrament” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend)
A retelling for young children about the Last Supper.
- “A Lesson in Respect” (October 2012 Friend)
A story about a priest blessing the sacrament from the life of President Thomas S. Monson. Includes a fill-in-the-blank activity with one of the sacrament prayers.
- “Maria’s New Dress” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Maria learns the reason for sacrament meeting is to think about Jesus and Heavenly Father.
- “The Most Important Part” (June 2007 Friend)
Michelle learns that taking the sacrament is the most important part of sacrament meeting.
- “The Nephites Learn of the Sacrament: How does Partaking of the Sacrament Help Me Remember My Baptismal Covenants?” (July 2000 Friend)
A retelling of Jesus initiating the sacrament among the Nephites. Includes pictures to color and use with a flannel board to retell the story.
- “An Origami Answer” (November 2016 Friend)
Jadyn is distracted during sacrament meeting by the kids arguing behind him, so he finds a way to help them be reverent.
- “Questions and Answers about the Sacrament” (March 2008 Friend)
- “The Sacrament” (July 2004 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles remembers sacrament meetings from his days as a soldier during WWII.
- “The Sacrament Helps us Remember Jesus” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Overview of the Last Supper and bookmark with ideas for what kids can think of during the sacrament.
- “The Sacrament and Repentance” (June 2002 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that the sacrament helps us repent and feel clean again.
- “The Sacrament Reminds Us of Jesus” (June 2019 Friend)
Ideas for things to do before, during, and after the sacrament. Includes some illustrations to color.
- “Sacred Ground” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how he felt the Spirit when passing the sacrament as a young boy.
- “What do you love most about being a member of the church?” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Children answer the question.
- “What should I think about when I take the sacrament?” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Why is the sacrament important?” (July 2010 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry shares some of his thoughts on the subject.
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Gave Us the Sacrament” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I follow His example and keep his commandments.” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family is blessed when we remember Jesus Christ.” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “The Sabbath Is a Special Day” (April 2016 Liahona)
- Coloring Page: “When I take the sacrament I renew my baptismal covenants.” (May 2012 Friend)
- “I Will Remember Jesus Christ” (December 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Create a booklet to write down things learned about Jesus Christ in the sacrament hymns.
- “Making the Sacrament Special” (May 2017 Friend)
A fill-in-the-blank activity using a sacrament prayer and tips for making the sacrament more meaningful.
- “Remembering Jesus Christ during the Sacrament” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A wheel depicting various scenes which can help children remember Christ as they partake of the sacrament.
- “Sacrament” (July 2001 Friend)
A word search activity with words related to the sacrament.
- “The Sacrament” (February 1995 Friend)
Cut out pictures that involve the sacrament, then glue them into the right box.
- “The Sacrament” (April 1993 Friend)
Fill in the blanks to find out how much you know about the sacrament.
- “The Sacrament” (April 1982 Friend)
Translate numbers into letters to learn about the promises of the sacrament.
- “Sacrament Time” (May 2007 Friend)
Read descriptions of people who make sacrament meeting reverent and point to them in picture.
- “Taking the Sacrament” (August 2003 Friend)
Includes instructions for making a door hanger to help you remember goals you make during the sacrament.
- Bright Idea poster: “As I take the water and bread, I’ll think of the words the Savior said.” (October 2016 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “I think of the Savior when I take the sacrament.” (May 2017 Friend)
- Image: “Bread and Water”
- Image: “A Young Child Taking the Sacrament”
- Music: “Before I Take the Sacrament” (Children’s Songbook, 73)
- Music: “He Sent His Son” (Children’s Songbook, 34)
- Music: “Reverently, Quietly” (Children’s Songbook, 26)
- Music: “The Sacrament” (Children’s Songbook, 72)
- Music: “To Think about Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 71)
- Poem: “Sacrament Thoughts” (February 2012 Friend)
- Poem: “The Sacrament” (February 2010 Friend)
- Poster: “Our Savior, Jesus Christ” (April 2010 Friend)
- “Scripture Figures: The Last Supper” (September 2015 Friend)
Scripture figures of Jesus, the Apostles, and the Last Supper.
- Sheet Music: “The Bread Reminds Me” (July 2000 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “The Sacrament” (January 1975 Friend)
- Video: Bible Videos, “The Last Supper”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 45: Jesus Christ Teaches about the Sacrament and Prayer”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 49: The First Sacrament”