Messages from Leaders
“Helping with the Restoration” (April 2020 Liahona and Friend)President Russell M. Nelson shares four ways you can help with the Restoration and prepare for Jesus’s return.
- "The First Vision" by then-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (June 2008 Friend)
Elder Uchtdorf shares how he gained a testimony of the restoration of the gospel.
- “From a Log Farmhouse” (April 2002 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) explains and bears testimony of some of the events surrounding the Restoration.
- "The Great Work of God" by then-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (July 2012 Friend)
President Uchtdorf testifies of the blessings we have because of the restoration of gospel. Includes a matching game with scriptures and pictures.
- "Jesus Christ and the First Vision" (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
- "Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church" (April 2013 Friend)
- "Lessons from the Prophet Joseph" (February 2014 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares some things we can learn from the example of Joseph Smith.
- “A Special Feeling of Peace” (August 2010 Friend)
Sister Barbara Thompson shares her testimony of the Restoration.
- “We Bear Witness of Him” (February 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) explains how we can testify of the Restoration while respecting others’ faith.
- “What blessings do we receive through the restored Church?” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles reminds us of some of the blessings the Restoration has given us.
- “What should I know about the Restoration of the Church?” (December 2008 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares important points about the Restoration.
- “Why is our Church unique?” (October 2010 Friend)
Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some of his thoughts on this subject.
“Jesus Christ’s Church” (April 2020 Friend)Olivia asks her dad what the word restoration means and he shows her a simple object lesson with blocks to teach what it means.
“Jesus Christ’s Church Is Restored!” (April 2020 Liahona and Friend)An explanation about the apostasy and restoration written for children.
- Coloring Page: “The Church Was Organized” (June 2005 Friend)
- “Important Places in the Life of the Prophet Joseph Smith” (December 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Descriptions of Palmyra, Harmony, Fayette, Kirtland, Nauvoo, and other places important to the Restoration.
- “Jesus Christ Restored the Fulness of the Gospel through Joseph Smith” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A description of the Restoration with a scripture journal prompt and story-wheel craft.
- "A Life of Kindness" (March 2009 Friend)
A panel story of a time when the Prophet Joseph Smith helped two children on their way to school.
- "Golden Plates to Book of Mormon" (February 2017 Friend)
- "Jesus Visited Joseph Smith" (October 2017 Friend)
- “Restoration” (May 2007 Friend)
Whitney learns more about the restoration of the gospel as she and her mother are restoring her grandmother’s wooden chest. Includes a puzzle activity.
- “The Restoration Puzzle” (December 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Anna gives a talk on the Restoration in Primary by using puzzle pieces to represent parts of the gospel that were lost and then restored.
- “Teaching Mrs. Greene” (October 2008 Friend)
Cindy has the opportunity to explain the Restoration to her teacher.
“Learning about the Restoration” (April 2020 Liahona and Friend)Find items that represent parts of the Restoration in this illustration of missionary teaching a family the gospel.
- "Church History Scramble" (May 2009 Friend)
Unscramble these words from Church history.
- “The Church of Jesus Christ Has Been Restored” (May 2011 Friend)
Includes an activity to find hidden pictures of things related to the restoration in an illustration of the Sacred Grove.
- Coloring Page: "Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon" (September 2004 Friend)
A cartoon panel to color in has captions that teach about Joseph Smith receiving and translating the golden plates.
- Coloring Page: “Joseph Smith Saw and Testified of Jesus Christ” (December 2012 Friend)
- Coloring/Activity Page: “Joseph Smith Desires to Know Which Church is Right"
Color and trace your way through the maze as Joseph Smith seeks for truth.
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I learn about the Restoration of the gospel.” (May 2007 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Prophet Joseph Smith” (April 2008 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “The First Vision”
- Coloring/Activity Page: “Angel Moroni Appears to Joseph”
- Poem: “A Boy Seeking Answers” (April 2010 Friend)
- Poem: “As Joseph Did” (May 2007 Friend
- Reading Challenge: “The Restoration” (January 2017 Friend)
Read scriptures about truths revealed to Joseph Smith and fill in the coloring page that goes with it.
- “The First Vision” (April 2009 Friend)
Look up the scriptures to find the answers to the questions about the First Vision.
- “The Restored Church” (April 2013 Friend)
Match the restored truth with the scripture verses that describe it.
- "Jesus Christ Restored His Church in the Latter Days" (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Create a gospel treasure box with gold coins representing truths that were restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- “Joseph Smith Finger Scenes” (July 2001 Friend)
Teach some of the important events of the Restoration with your ten fingers by using these figures.
- “Partial Pictures” (August 2010 Friend)
Look up the scriptures to figure out which event from the Restoration each illustration is depicting.
- “The Restoration and Me” (April 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out these cards to create a matching game about some of the things that happened to bring Jesus Christ’s Church back to earth and how they bless us.
- “Sharing Time: Joseph Smith—Prophet of the Restoration” (July 2001 Friend)
Use these figures to create a stage and puppets to tell the story of Joseph Smith and the First Vision.
- “Sharing Time: ‘This is My Beloved Son, Hear Him’” (May 2005 Friend)
A retelling of the First Vision and Restoration. Includes an activity to glue pictures representing the Restoration to a paper church building.
- “Sing a Song of Joseph” (May 2007 Friend)
To learn about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, tell and sing this story of Joseph Smith with your family, Primary class, or friends.
- Church History Figures: “Baptism and the Priesthood Restored” (February 2017 Friend)
Use these cutouts to tell the story of the restoration of the priesthood.
- Church History Figures: “Joseph Smith’s First Vision” (March 2008 Friend).
Use these cutouts to tell the story of the First Vision.
- Church History Figures: “The Smith Family” (January 2017 Friend)
Use these cutouts to learn about Joseph Smith’s family.
- Music: “On a Golden Springtime” (Children’s Songbook, 88)
- Music: “The Priesthood is Restored” (Children’s Songbook, 89)
- Prophet Portrait: “Joseph Smith” (January 2013 Friend)
- Sing-Along Video: “Jesus’ Church Has Been Restored”
- Sing-Along Video: “Joseph Smith’s First Prayer”
- Sing-Along Video: “Praise to the Man"
- Sheet Music: “An Angel Came to Joseph Smith” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Jesus’ Church Has Been Restored” (May 2017 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “The Prophet Joseph” (April 2007 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Truth Restored” (December 2005 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Truth Restored” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- Video: Feature Films, “The Restoration”
- Video: Mormon Messages, “The Message of the Restoration”
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles retells the story of the First Vision and Restoration.