Messages from Leaders
- “The Star of the Second Row” (December 2018 Friend)
Charlotte is jealous that Brianna got the solo in the Christmas show so she says something mean about her. Then she apologizes to Brianna.
- “Don’t Delay” (June 2004 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches about daily repentance.
- “How can repenting help me feel happy?” (December 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Dale G. Renlund shares some thoughts about repentance. Includes a story of when Elder Renlund set off a firecracker at church as a child.
- “How do I repent?” (March 2010 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson shares his thoughts on repentance.
- “Live Without Regret” (February 2007 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Hinckley shares his regret when he stole some scrap wood with some friends.
- “Parable of the Dandelion” (June 2016 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches a parable about recognizing our own sins instead of finding faults in others.
- “Renewing Our Covenants” (August 1999 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares his thoughts on repenting.
- “Returning Safely to Heavenly Father” (April 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares an airplane analogy to explain making choices and repenting.
- “The Sacrament and Repentance” (June 2002 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks connects the importance of the sacrament in the repentance process.
- “Spring Cleaning” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
When President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) was a boy, his family cleaned their house from top to bottom every spring. We, too, can know the joy of being clean through the Savior.
- “What if I feel like I don’t measure up?” (March 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland encourages us to keep trying, even when we make mistakes. Includes a story from the life of Elder Holland.
Minchan K., age 11, from South Korea, shares how he apologized and stopped making fun of another student.
- “Jonah and the Whale” (December 2018 Liahona and Friend)
A retelling for young children about the story of Jonah.
- “Jonah Repented” (December 2018 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Jonah and how he repented and a scripture hero card that teaches about repentance.
- “Abuelo’s Shoe Shop” (March 2018 Friend)
Miguel feels bad after taking a candy from his grandpa’s shop without asking, but then he tells the truth and feels better.
- “Alma Baptizes Many People” (April 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A retelling for young children about Alma the Elder repenting, teaching others, and baptizing them. Includes a coloring page.
- “Alma Repented” (April 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A Book of Mormon hero card and some basic information about Alma the Elder.
- “Back on the Trail” (February 2018 Friend)
Danilo thinks he can go down an unknown trail by himself, but soon learns he needs help to get back to safety.
- “Beeline to the Truth” (January 2012 Friend)
Josh feels better when he confesses that he did something wrong.
- “The Big-Brother Trap!” (March 2014 Friend)
Megan learns she should forgive instead of trying to get even.
- “Broken Trust” (April 2009 Friend)
Melinda decides to tell the truth and apologize for breaking a glass figurine.
- “Chihuahuas and Choices” (May 2014 Friend)
A story about a girl choose to obey her mom even when it means going against her friend.
- “Clean Again” (October 2006 Liahona and Friend)
A girl makes a mistake shortly after her baptism, but she learns she can repent.
- “Cleaning Up Dirt Clods” (September 2013 Friend)
Gabi feels bad after throwing dirt clods in her neighbor’s driveway.
- “Enos Repents” (April 2012 Friend)
Retelling of the story of Enos and his process of repentance.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Learning to Apologize”(August 2017 Friend)
Ideas for how to teach young children how to apologize when they’ve done something wrong.
- “A Great Feeling” (March 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Paulo wants to feel clean again after he makes a mistake only a day after his baptism.
- “The Heavy Backpack” (June 2013 Friend)
Jay gets behind in school and the lies he tells to cover it up have become a heavy burden. He apologizes to his mother when she learns the truth.
- “I Can Say I’m Sorry” (November 2012 Friend)
Examples for young children of ways to say sorry and correct mistakes.
- “I Choose the Right When I Am Baptized and Confirmed a Member of the Church” (May 2012 Friend)
Abigail repents after being unkind to a girl at school. Includes an activity to find words that have to do with repentance in a word jumble.
- “Jesus Teaches about Finding Those Who Are Lost”(July 2011 Friend)
A retelling of three New Testament parables, including the story of the prodigal son.
- “The Joy of Repentance” (May 2001 Friend)
This page includes a testimony from a young man about he feels after repenting and asking for forgiveness.
- “Kelsey Makes a Mistake” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A wordless story for young children about a girl apologizing to her mom after spilling nail polish on the carpet. Includes two simple activities.
- “King Benjamin’s People Repent” (June 2012 Friend)
A retelling of the story of King Benjamin teaching his people to repent and to make a covenant.
- “Leaving Bad Behind” (August 2012 Friend)
Jenny learns how to feel clean again after she attends a party and watches a movie that was against her standards.
- “Lucas and the Bully” (January 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Lucas stands up to a bully by saying mean things about him, but then Lucas repents for being mean and tries to befriend the bully instead.
- “Making Things Rights” (April 2012 Friend)
After Melissa colors on the school bathroom walls, she says she is sorry and works hard to clean up the mess.
- “Matt and Mandy” (September 2016 Friend)
Mandy repents and makes things better after treating a friend poorly.
- “McKay and the Whale” (January 2006 Friend)
A young boy confesses a wrongdoing to his parents and says he is sorry.
- “My Mastermind Fail” (August 2019 Friend)
Henry W., age 12, shares how he repented after he made copies of class money and then lied about it.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (April 2014 Friend)
Matt and Mandy’s family learn about repentance.
- “The No-Fighting Promise” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Timmy and his cousin Madi get into a fight when playing together but then decide to bury their paper weapons like the Anti-Nephi-Lehis.
- “Not at Home, Not Anywhere” (July 2015 Friend)
Carter decides not to swear anymore.
- “The Note” (May 2010 Friend)
Hannah apologizes after writing bad things about a girl in a note to her friend.
- “Our Page” (August 2011 Liahona)
Features a boy from West Malaysia who testifies that we, like Alma the Younger, can repent and feel joy again.
- “Practically Popular” (March 2018 Friend)
La-Neisha decides to repent and ask her friend for forgiveness after she ignores her to be friends with the popular girls.
- “The Rocket Fiasco” (August 2017 Friend)
Andrew tries to make things right after he doesn’t wait for his dad to help him build a model rocket and causes damage to a neighbor’s car.
- “Showing Sorry” (November 2009 Friend)
Eli learns how to show that he is sorry, instead of just saying so. Includes a simple activity for young children.
- “The Sparkly Sticker” (September 2017 Friend)
Emily feels bad after she and her friends make fun of a boy in their class. She talks to her mom about it and decides to repent.
- “The Stolen Soda” (February 2014 Friend)
Annette repents after her friend convinces her to steal a soda.
- “Sweeter Than Ice Cream” (March 2014 Friend)
A girl practices repentance as she partakes of the sacrament.
- “A Teacher Cared” (September 2003 Liahona and Friend)
A Primary teacher helps her class to apologize after they hurt a class member’s feelings.
- “Toy-Truck Trouble” (October 2018 Friend)
Nate takes someone else’s toy trucks, but then he feels bad and apologizes. For young children.
- “The Watermelon Thieves” (August 2015 Friend)
Joseph and his friends stole a prize watermelon and later repented of their bad choice.
- “You Can Repent and Forgive” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A page about how to repent and forgive.