Messages from Leaders
- “All Because a Child Knew the Articles of Faith” (June 2006 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) tells the story of a girl who shared the Articles of Faith with another traveler on a bus. After the experience, the man looked up the Church and he and his family were all baptized.
- “Be Brave and Share!” (December 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Paul B. Pieper tells about a few times his children were able to share the gospel.
- “Bright Examples” (July 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Larry S. Kacher shares two stories of how young people were able to share the gospel.
- Conference Notes: “Inviting Your Friends” (May 2014 Friend)
Elder Ballard shares Joshua’s story of inviting a friend to church.
- “Fearless in Sharing the Gospel” (November 2009 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring tells of his great-grandmother sharing the gospel with others.
- “The Gift of the Gospel” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring encourages us to share the gospel.
- “The Gospel—A Gift to Share” (June 2012 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about missionaries and how to find people for the missionaries to teach. Includes an illustrated story of children inviting a neighbor to family home evening and an activity to match scriptures with illustrations of blessings.
- “The Gospel Is for Everyone” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf testifies that the gospel is for people of every nation.
- “The Harvest” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Aoyagi tells about blessings that came to him for wanting to attend church as a child.
- “How are missionaries called?” (July 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard describes the process of calling full-time missionaries. Includes a short biography about Elder Ballard.
- “How can I be a missionary now?” (April 2010 Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook shares some thoughts on being a missionary now.
- “How can I be a missionary now?” (November 2011 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson shares how children can be missionaries.
- “How can I be a missionary now?” (May 2007 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “A Long Shot” (April 2018 Friend)
When Elder Condie gave up basketball to go on a mission, he didn’t know if he would ever play again. Part 1 of 2 in the Mormon Yankee series.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
- “Now is the Time” (November 2004 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard shares how one little girl on a bike reactivated her whole family. Now is the time to do missionary work.
- “One Shot at a Time” (May 2018 Friend)
Elder Condie and his team of missionaries play basketball against national teams and share their testimonies. Part 2 of 2 in the Mormon Yankee series.
- “Preparing for a Mission” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Ulisses Soares tells how his bishop talked with him when he was 11 years old and told him how to start preparing for a mission.
- “Reach Out to Others” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) tells how his daughter, Ann, shared a Book of Mormon with her kindergarten teacher.
- “A Sacred Light” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust tells a story about how a woman was converted because of the kindness of her nurse, who was a member of the Church.
- “Thankful for Missionary Work” (June 2006 Liahonaand Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares some of his missionary experiences from the British Isles.
- “What makes missionaries special?” (November 2013 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “You Found Me, Bishop!” (January 2014 Friend)
A story about President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) finding a young man and bringing him to church. Includes some ideas for how you can make others feel welcome at church.
- “A 10-Year-Old Teacher” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares a testimony of the plan of salvation with his aunt’s roommate.
- “Abish and Abby” (November 2016 Friend)
Abby shared the gospel with her neighbors, just like Abish in the Book of Mormon did.
- “Abish Was a Missionary” (June 2016 Liahona and Friend)
A Book of Mormon hero card and some basic information about Abish.
- “Bee-ing a Missionary” (September 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Jesse did a project for school where he got to tell his teacher and classmates about Utah and the Church.
- “Better than Hopscotch” (May 2016 Friend)
Emma tells her new friends about the Church when she explains that she’ll be going to church instead of playing with them on Sunday.
- “Blessings for Blessy” (December 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Blessy, who lives in India, was able to share the gospel by planning a special Christmas activity for her school.
- “A Brave Little Mormon Girl” (March 2012 Friend)
A ten-year-old girl talks about the Church and has a positive impact on a visiting author.
- “Chad and Andre” (April 2013 Friend)
Chad sets a good example for an exchange student from France.
- “Charlie’s Big Weekend” (July 2017 Friend)
Dasch gets to take the class teddy bear home for the weekend and then he shares what they did together, including saying goodbye to his sister who was leaving on a mission.
- “The Christmas Eve Guest” (December 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Shannon thinks her family’s Christmas Eve traditions will be ruined when her dad invites a neighbor, but it ends up being a wonderful night.
- “Feeling New” (April 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Rasmus, a boy from Estonia, and his mother learn about the Church, and his mother is baptized.
- “A Forever Feeling” (July 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Zoey feels something special at her friend Mia’s house. Because of that feeling, her family discovers the Church and is baptized.
- “A Friend and a Missionary” (July 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Juan Bautista, from Argentina, shared the gospel with his friend Facundo.
- “A Friend for Grandma” (May 2014 Friend)
Dana tells about sharing stories from the Friend with her grandma.
- “Friends and Faith” (July 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Ivana, from Colombia, stands tall by sharing the gospel with her family and friends.
- “A Gift for Lane” (September 2016 Friend)
Addie gives her friend a copy of the Book of Mormon, but her friend gives it back and says her mom doesn’t want her to read it. Finish the story with what you would say to Addie.
- “Grandma’s Little Missionary” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Vitor reads to his grandmother from the Book of Mormon and Liahona while she is ill, and she decides to be baptized.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Now” (October 2013 Friend)
Several children share missionary experiences they have had.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Too” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Brett’s older brother, who is serving a mission, teaches him that you are doing missionary work when you serve others.
- “Inviting Jacob” (February 2014 Friend)
Ryan goes with his mom to visit a less-active family and learns that being a friend to their son is a way to be a missionary.
- “Inviting Jacob” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Eric invites his friend Jacob to come to church with him. Includes a simple maze activity.
- “I Will Share the Gospel with All of God’s Children”(October 2013 Liahona and Friend)
An invitation for children to share the gospel along with some pass-along cards you can share.
- “Jesus Calls His Disciples” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Jesus calls Simon and Andrew from their fishing boat. For young readers; includes a coloring page.
- “Jesus Is Our Friend” (April 2018 Friend)
Carson finds a book with Bible stories at the doctor’s office and asks a lady with a baby to read it to him. He tells her Jesus is his friend.
- “Jumping Rope with Emma” (November 2012 Friend)
Maddie invites a friend from school to come with her to church after she finds out the girl is a member of the Church but hasn’t been in a long time.
- “A Light in the Dark” (August 2013 Friend)
Nathan decides to put a flashlight in a package to his missionary brother, and the light turns out more useful than he imagined!
- “Matt and Mandy” (June 2017 Friend)
Matt learns not to be upset when his friend’s dad says he can’t go to church with Matt.
- “Matt and Mandy” (May 2017 Friend)
Matt invites his friend Franco to come to church, and Franco’s dad says he’ll have to think about it.
- “Matt and Mandy” (March 2017 Friend)
Matt’s friend asks him why he goes to church so much.
- “Matt and Mandy” (October 2015 Friend)
Matt asks his dad for ideas about being a missionary.
- “Mini Missionaries” (July 2016 Friend)
Sam and Lindsey spend a day pretending to be missionaries and serving their neighbor.
- “Missionary Friend” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Alex learns that being a friend and being a missionary can be the same when he invites his friend to Church.
- “Missionary Shoes” (May 2017 Friend)
Dallin learns that missionaries work hard when his uncle’s shiny new shoes are worn out by the time he gets home from his mission.
- “The Most Precious Gift” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl weaves a serape for a missionary who introduced her family to the gospel.
- “My Brother the Missionary” (December 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Kevin shares his feelings about his older brother going on a mission.
- “My Mission Fund” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A 9-year-old boy tells about saving for a mission.
- “The New Adventures of Matt & Mandy” (December 2013 Friend)
Matt and Mandy ask their parents to spend Christmas money on friends in need instead of buying them lots of gifts.
- “No Matter What!” (September 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Christian B., age 7, from North Holland, Netherlands, shares how he helped comfort a classmate by telling her about Jesus and singing her a Primary song.
- “The Open House” (December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl invites a nonmember friend to a ward open house.
- “One Piece of Candy” (March 2016 Liahona and Friend)
After José shares some coffee-flavored candy with his friend, he teaches him about the Word of Wisdom and invites him to church.
- “Passing along God’s Love” (October 2018 Friend)
Allie from Kentucky uses a pass-along card to be a missionary to a cashier.
- “Paul Testifies of Jesus Christ” (November 2015 Friend)
A story about the Apostle Paul along with a word puzzle and ideas for how you can stand for truth like Paul.
- “Peter Teaches the Gospel” (October 2015 Friend)
- “Prayers on the Pitcher’s Mound” (October 2013 Friend)
A baseball team decides to give their opponents copies of the Book of Mormon.
- “Pretty Much Brothers” (September 2016 Friend)
Xander teaches the exchange student staying with their family that Heavenly Father wants us to use good language.
- “Primary Is for Everyone” (March 2015 Friend)
Ryder invites a friend to church, but doesn’t know what to do when his friend is not reverent.
- “Samuel Smith, Missionary” (February 1985 Friend)
Illustrated retelling of Samuel Smith being called as the first ordained missionary in the church.
- “Scriptures in a Suitcase” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
A girl has a missionary opportunity when she reads the Book of Mormon at a school camp.
- “Sharing Friendship” (November 2018 Friend)
Elenoa, from New Zealand, and her family share copies of the Friend magazine with their friends.
- “A Shining Testimony” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Steffani, from Sri Lanka, had the opportunity to share her testimony at an assembly at her school.
- “Something Special to Share” (January 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Diego decides to take a picture of Jesus to share with his class during Show and Tell.
- “Standing Up for Church” (February 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Easton and his friend give a presentation about the Church at their international school.
- “Teaching Tanner’s Teacher” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares a picture of Christ with his teacher, and she eventually is baptized.
- “Question Corner: I don’t know anyone I can invite to church. What are other ways I can be a missionary now?” (June 2012 Friend)
Several children share ideas on how to be missionaries now.
- “The Right Dress” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Anna chooses a new dress so she can look like the sister missionaries.
- “The Ripple Effect” (November 2017 Friend)
Ryan is not sure his friend will read the Book of Mormon he gave him, but his mom reminds him that even if the impact isn’t immediate, little actions can make a big difference.
- “The Titanic and the Telegram” (April 2015 Friend)
A change of plans protects a group of missionaries from sailing on the Titanic.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (July 2009 Friend)
Features a girl from Arizona who taught her friends to pray during an overnight school field trip.
- “What’s the Answer?” (November 2012 Friend)
Some suggestions on how to answer your friends’ questions about the gospel.
- “When I Grow Up…I Want to Be a Chef” (February 2015 Friend)
Brad Petersen says cooking food is a great way to be a missionary.
- “Who Is Jesus?” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares his testimony of Jesus with a friend.
- “At the Pageant” (June 2013 Friend)
The sister missionaries are looking for three people who want to learn more about the Church.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Missionary Work
“Missionary Work” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend) includes five ideas for missionary-themed family home evenings, including dressing up like missionaries, practicing how to answer questions, and sharing the scriptures.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Preparing for a Mission
Complete the “Preparing for a Mission” activity (October 2007 Friend). Draw a circle around the pictures of activities that you are already doing to prepare for a mission. Then choose one activity you would like to start doing. For your next family home evening lesson, plan to do this activity. You might decorate a box to use as a savings bank for your mission, invite someone from your family or ward to teach you a few phrases in another language, or have a parent show you how to iron. Can you think of other skills that would be useful?
- “The Gospel Will Be Preached in All the World”(September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a memory game to match things children can do to be a missionary now with illustrations showing those things.
- “Help the Missionaries” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Help the missionaries get to appointments with this maze-like activity.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Now!” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Anna is trying to follow the examples of the missionaries. Follow the instructions in this board game so she can make choices that will help her be a missionary now.
- “I Can Choose to Be a Missionary Now” (November 2012 Friend)
Talk with your family about how you would answer the questions in the situations on these pages.
- “I Hope They Call Me On a Mission” (January 2013 Friend)
Ideas for setting goals.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Cooking Basics"(March 2013 Friend)
Includes basic vocabulary, instructions, and a related scripture.
- “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Dress for Success”(September 2013 Friend)
- “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Giving Gratitude”(November 2013 Friend)
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Meet and Greet with Confidence" (May 2013 Friend)
Includes a recipe for sweet potato fries.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Money Matters"(July 2013 Friend)
Includes a recipe for a cheesy tuna melt.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Setting Goals"(January 2013 Friend)
Includes a quote from President Monson about missionary service and a thought from Preach My Gospel about goals.
- “I Will Prepare” (March 2011 Friend)
As a reminder to prepare to serve a mission, print this certificate, sign it, and keep it on your wall or in your journal.
- “Let’s Put on a Pageant!” (June 2013 Friend)
A scripted activity depicting the story of Ammon and the Lamanite King.
- “Life of a Missionary” (November 2012 Friend)
Help the missionaries put their schedule in order by finding the activity that should happen at each of the different times.
- “Making a New Friend” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Look for hidden objects in this picture of a boy inviting another boy to play with him.
- “Matching Missionaries” (July 2008 Friend)
Find the matching set of missionaries then think of five ways you can be a missionary by example.
- “Mission Call” (September 2013 Friend)
This young woman just received her mission call. Can you find the hidden objects in the picture?
- “Missionary Appointment” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Help the missionaries find the right door for the apartment where they have an appointment.
- “Missionary Mail” (August 2010 Friend)
Read these missionary letters and try to match the description on the letter to its correct stamp.
- “Missionary Maze” (May 2011 Friend)
Help the missionaries find their way to their appointment.
- “Missionary Quest” (January 2014 Friend)
Help the missionaries find the person they came to teach.
- “Missionary Work” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Includes family home evening activity ideas on the topic of preparing to serve a mission.
- “Peter Teaches Cornelius” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
An overview of the New Testament story and activities to go along.
- “Preaching Two by Two” (July 2010 Friend)
Help the missionary find his companion by finding the missionary that doesn’t have a matching tie.
- “Sharing the Book of Mormon around the World”(April 2013 Friend)
Use the clues to match the illustrated people with their native countries.
- “The Sons of Mosiah” (July 2008 Friend)
Fingerplay about the sons of Mosiah choosing to be missionaries.
- “Welcome Home, Elder” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Find the hidden objects in this illustration showing an elder returning home from his mission.
- “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” (May 2010 Friend)
Find the differences in these two pictures showing missionaries.
- “You Found Me, Bishop” (January 2014 Friend)
Activities to go along with a story about President Monson as a young bishop.
- Video: "Activity Day Rescuers"
A group of girls invite their friends and neighbors to get involved in activity days. Taken from the April 2013 Primary Leadership Training broadcast.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 15: Alma Teaches and Baptizes”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 19: The Sons of Mosiah Become Missionaries”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 22: Alma’s Mission to Ammonihah”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 23: Ammon: A Great Servant”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 25: Aaron Teaches King Lamoni’s Father”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 37: Nephi and Lehi in Prison”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 40: Samuel the Lamanite Tells about Jesus Christ”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 12: Samuel Smith’s Mission (June 1830)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 15: A Mission to the Lamanites (September 1830)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 25: Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon go on a Mission (December 1831–January 1832)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 49: Missionaries in Other Lands (June 1837–October 1841)”
- Video: For Little Friends, “Teaching Tanner’s Teacher”
Tanner shares the gospel with his teacher.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Who Is Jesus?”
Cole teaches his friend about Jesus Christ.
- Video: “I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go”
- Video: Matt and Mandy, “A Missionary Cousin”
- Video: Matt and Mandy: “We Will Live Again”
Mandy helps a friend who lost her mother.
- Video: “Missionary Song Medley”
Children and youth are depicted preparing for missionary service. Taken from the June 2013 Worldwide Leadership Broadcast.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Your Day for a Mission”
Elder Neil L. Andersen tells the story of Sid Going, a rugby star who left a promising career to serve a mission.
- Video: One in a Million, “Addison”
- Video: One in a Million, “Clara”
Clara from Denmark shares how she and a friend shared the gospel with their teacher.
- Video: One in a Million, “Danil”
- Video: One in a Million, “Lillie”
- Video: One in a Million, “Sair”
- Video: One in a Million: “Samuel”
- Video: One in a Million, “Stephanie”