1. I’m much too young to go abroad
To teach and preach the word of God,
But I can show I know it’s true,
Quite simply, by the things I do.
2. The people in my neighborhood
Will judge the gospel bad or good
By how I act at work and play,
And not just on the Sabbath day.
3. I’ll take my friends to church with me,
Where I will act with dignity.
My rev’rence and my happy face
Will tell them it’s a sacred place.
4. In ev’rything I do they’ll see
I am what I profess to be.
Then when the elders find their door,
they’ll say, “Come in and tell us more.”
Words: L. Clair Likes, 1908–1998. © 1975 IRI
Music: Vanja Y. Watkins, b. 1938. © 1975 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- L. Clair Likes, 1908–1998. © 1975 IRI
- L. Clair Likes, 1908–1998.
- 1 Timothy 4:12, Proverbs 20:11
- Accountability, Chapel, Example, Friends, Missionary Work, Preparation, Reverence