Messages from Leaders
- “A Clear Answer” (February 2004 Friend)
Elder H. Bruce Stucki listened to the Spirit when flying an airplane over a dangerous mountain range.
- “Comforted by the Holy Ghost” (November 2004 Friend)
The Holy Ghost comforted President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) when his wife and son passed away.
- “Courting the Holy Ghost” (August 1991 Friend)
Elder Carlos E. Asay tells how to attract and maintain the Holy Spirit.
- “Fire!” (May 2012 Friend)
Sister Cheryl A. Esplin listened to promptings from the Holy Ghost to save her brother from a fire.
- “The First Vision” (June 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares his testimony of the First Vision and the universal power of the Holy Ghost.
- “The Gift of the Holy Ghost” (July 1995 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer discusses the Holy Ghost and how it can help us lead a happier life.
- “Heeding the Holy Ghost” (January 2002 Friend)
When President Harold B. Lee (1899-1973) was a boy he heard a voice warning him not to climb the fence and play in some old buildings.
- “The Holy Ghost Is . . .” (June 2019 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of who the Holy Ghost is and some of the ways He can help us.
- “The Holy Ghost Is Real” (December 2007 Friend)
Elder Craig A. Cardon shares how he felt the influence of the Holy Ghost while listening to a talk when he was ten years old.
- “How can I be guided by the Holy Ghost?” (June 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder L. Tom Perry teaches how to be guided by the Holy Ghost.
- “How can I stay safe and happy in life?” (September 2015 Friend)
Thoughts by and a story from the life of Elder M. Russell Ballard.
- “How can the scriptures help me?” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
President Boyd K. Packer shares thoughts on the subject.
- “How the Holy Ghost Helps You” (February 1991 Liahona and March 1990 Friend)
President James E. Faust tells how the Holy Ghost can be a blessing in your life.
- “I just received the gift of the Holy Ghost. How can I feel the influence of the Spirit in my life?” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares his thoughts on this subject.
- “Learning to Listen” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Elder José A. Teixeira of the Seventy teaches that it is important to listen to earthly parents as well as to the Holy Ghost.
- “Listening to the Spirit” (August 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898) saved his family’s lives when he listened to the Holy Ghost.
- “Open Your Heart to the Holy Ghost” (August 2019 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches that feelings of the Holy Ghost are precious.
- “The Parable of the Anthill and the Cell Phone”(November 2011 Friend)
Elder Joseph W. Sitati tells a story of how they needed to stand on anthills to receive cell phone service. He compares that to how we need to place ourselves in the right environment to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
- “Scriptures under the Stars” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson talks about how she gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
- “Searching for Church” (October 2016 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a story about how his father listened to the Holy Ghost and encourages us to listen for the Spirit and follow its promptings. Includes a scripture matching activity.
- “Sister Pettigrew’s Lesson” (September 2015 Friend)
Elder Ronald A. Rasband remembers a Primary teacher who helped him recognize the Holy Ghost and develop his talents.
- “Sledding and the Spirit” (December 2013 Friend)
Elder J. Devn Cornish shares how he was injured after ignoring a prompting from the Spirit when he was 11 years old.
- “The Spirit of God” (June 2015 Friend)
Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr. shares experiences that helped him gain a testimony as a youth. Includes an application page.
- “Spiritual Promptings” (February 2012 Friend)
Sister Jean A. Stevens was prompted to help a lost child who had been praying for help.
- “Tracks in the Snow” (September 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) talks about a faithful missionary who was guided to literally chose the right path. We too can be guided in life.
- “A Warm Feeling” (May 2004 Friend)
Elder Spencer J. Condie shares how he felt the spirit when he heard Book of Mormon stories and listened to the Apostles.
- “What can I do to have the Holy Ghost with me?”(November 2008 Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales shares a list of things we can do to invite the Spirit.
- “What is revelation?” (June 2012 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Where Is Jesus?” (March 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a message about Jesus Christ.
- “What will it be like when I go inside the temple?” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder Neil L. Andersen shares some thoughts.
- “Why do we need the gift of the Holy Ghost?” (May 2017 Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook shares some thoughts on the subject. Also includes a story about how Elder Cook was comforted when he was called to be a General Authority.
- “The Witness of the Holy Ghost” (August 2002 Friend)
Elder Robert S. Wood shares some stories about how the Holy Ghost has guided him.
- “Alia’s New Ring” (January 2015 Friend)
Alia followed the Holy Ghost’s prompting to be kind to her friend, even though it meant giving away a ring she liked.
- “A Big Wind and a Small Voice” (July 2013 Friend)
Tyler listens to the still, small voice when he’s on the playground.
- “Bullfight” (May 2018 Friend)
Brody H., age 10, shares how a prompting from the Holy Ghost kept him safe on his family’s cattle ranch.
- “The Candy Ball” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
The Holy Ghost helps Rachel’s dad save her when she is choking.
- “Cartoon Choice” (March 2015 Friend)
A boy decides to draw instead of watch an inappropriate show with his classmate.
- “Cheering Up Grandpa” (April 2015 Friend)
Mike helped his Grandpa find joy after Grandma’s death.
- “A Comforting Song” (April 2019 Friend)
Mia is feeling sad, but she feels the Holy Ghost and cheers up after singing a Primary song.
- “Conference Blessings” (March 2018 Friend)
Sierra M., age 11, shares how a talk at conference reminded her of a time when she was comforted by the Holy Ghost while her sister was sick.
- “Connor to the Rescue!” (January 2015 Friend)
Connor decides to give his toy money to humanitarian aid.
- “Everyone But Me” (May 2000 Liahona and July 1997 Friend)
Christopher doesn’t think the Spirit speaks to him until his parents help him understand how many ways the Holy Ghost has helped him.
- “A Feel-Good Field Day” (June 2015 Friend)
Thanks to hard work and prayer, Emily has a good field day experience after all.
- “Feeling the Holy Ghost” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Benson learns about the Holy Ghost from his dad. Includes an activity to color pictures of things we can do to invite the Holy Ghost into our lives.
- “Feeling the Spirit” (April 2011 Friend)
A short experience from a child who felt the Spirit while teaching his friend about the gospel.
- “Finding Help” (February 2014 Friend)
The Holy Ghost tells Tate how he can feel better after he sees a bad image on television.
- “Finding Tinkerbell” (July 2015 Friend)
Prayer helped Mia find her favorite stuffed animal.
- “Flipping Channels” (September 2015 Friend)
A girl decides to write in her journal instead of watching a movie she didn’t feel good about.
- “Garbage Can Graffiti” (September 2010 Friend)
Joe learns that the Holy Ghost can help him choose the right after he ignores a prompting to not write on his neighbor’s trash can.
- “The Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit” (December 2006 Friend)
Look for the gifts and fruits of the Spirit in this word search.
- “Go Back to the House” (March 2006 Friend)
Derek’s family accidentally leaves for church without him, he has to listen to the Holy Ghost to find them again.
- “He Is Listening” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy learns about the nature of God and prayer and how the Holy Ghost can speak to him.
- “Helping a New Friend” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Quinnley describes how she reaches out to befriend a classmate.
- “How can I know when I am feeling the Holy Ghost?”(October 2012 Friend)
Several children share how they recognize the Spirit.
- “I Felt the Holy Ghost” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl learns to recognize the Holy Ghost after a prayer.
- “I Felt the Spirit” (April 2006 Friend)
A short experience from a child who felt the Spirit while participating in a fireside.
- “The Little Bottle of Silence” (August 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Gage’s grandpa gives him a bottle to remind him that sometimes we need quiet so we can feel the Holy Ghost.
- “Making Things Right” (April 2012 Friend)
Melissa has a bad feeling and knows the Holy Ghost is telling her to repent after she writes on the bathroom wall at school.
- “Maria’s New Dress” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns that she can feel the Spirit when she pays more attention to the speakers at church than to her new dress.
- “A New Feeling” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Gabriel feels the Holy Ghost when his mother reads about Jesus talking to children in the Book of Mormon.
- “Not at Home, Not Anywhere” (July 2015 Friend)
Carter decides not to swear anymore.
- “Obstacle-Course Challenge” (February 2014 Friend)
DJ learns about listening to the Holy Ghost when he has to do an obstacle course blindfolded at a Primary activity.
- “Our Answer” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl shares how the Holy Ghost helped her family know the truth and decide to be baptized.
- “The Pink Bracelet” (March 2015 Friend)
A girl tries to keep a bracelet that isn’t hers, but then decides to be honest instead.
- “A Quiet Warning” (May 2017 Friend)
Rykin, age 11, shares how he was prompted to look before walking and discovered a large snake.
- “The Rocket Fiasco” (August 2017 Friend)
Andrew tries to make things right after he doesn’t wait for his dad to help him build a model rocket and causes damage to a neighbor’s car.
- “Stop Watching Now!” (February 2015 Friend)
Noah heeds the Spirit and prevents a space-heater fire.
- “They Listened!” (July 2012 Friend)
- Five children from the same family tell about a time when he or she heard Heavenly Father’s voice through the Holy Ghost.
- “What do you love most about being a member of the church?” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Children answer the question.
- “A Winning Decision” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Miranda decides to go to church instead of playing soccer on Sunday.
- “The Yo-Yo Decision” (February 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Lea is tempted to steal a yo-yo from the store, but the Holy Ghost gives her a bad feeling about it.
- “Conference Puzzles” (May 2017 Friend)
A word search based on quotes from a talk about the Holy Ghost given by Elder Gary E. Stevenson at the April 2017 general conference.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Following the Holy Ghost’s Promptings
Read “Go Back to the House” (March 2006 Friend). Have you ever followed a prompting from the Holy Ghost before you knew the reasons? What were the consequences? Decide, like Derek, to quickly obey whenever such promptings come.
- “The Gift of the Holy Ghost” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes an activity to cut out cards about the gifts of the Holy Ghost, decorate a box or bag to look like a gift, draw a card every day, look up the scripture, and fill in the blanks.
- “The Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit” (December 2006 Friend)
A word search about the gifts and fruits of the Spirit.
- “The Holy Ghost” (February 2018 Friend)
Fill in the blanks with some things you can do to feel the Holy Ghost. Then unscramble the letters to find another name for the Holy Ghost.
- “The Holy Ghost” (August 2007 Friend)
A crossword puzzle about the Holy Ghost.