Messages from Leaders
- “Guided by Love” (June 2014 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches how we become disciples of Jesus Christ by keeping His commandments.
- “Decide Right Now” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that it is easier to obey commandments 100 percent of the time than 98 percent of the time. Also includes two simple activities.
- “Fire!” (August 2015 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells a story from his youth when he learned the importance of obedience. Includes a maze activity.
- “Friend to Friend: Life Lessons” (May 2006 Friend)
Elder Lynn A. Mickelsen tells a story to illustrate if we keep commandments when we are young, we will train ourselves to stay close to our Heavenly Father.
- “Keep the Commandments” (December 2004 Liahonaand Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales teaches that Abinadi was a powerful example of obeying the Lord.
- “Why is Being Obedient So Important” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Learn about Elder Russell M. Nelson and why he believes it’s important to be Obedient.
- “The Blessing Quest” (February 2015 Friend)
Nathan wants to skip church and play outside instead!
- “Drive-Through Decision” (May 2012 Friend)
Jacob sets a good example for his family when he decides to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “Jehovah Gives Commandments” (May 2010 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Moses and how he received the Ten Commandments.
- “Moses Teaches His People” (November 1998 Liahonaand May 1998 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments. Includes flannel board figures.
- “One Scoop at a Time” (July 2013 Friend)
A family uses an object lesson to talk about keeping their lamps full through choosing the right.
- “Safe Ground” (May 2017 Friend)
A family learns about the importance of staying on safe ground while visiting Yellowstone National Park and compares it to following the commandments.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: Respect His Name” (January 2000 Friend)
Six-year-old Lance learns the importance of keeping the commandment to not take the Lord’s name in vain.
- “Weeding Out the Lie” (September 2012 Friend)
Olivia feels good when she chooses to be honest. She remembers that she promised to obey the commandments when she was baptized.
- What’s on Your Mind Question: “My friend asked me why it matters if I keep the commandments. I’m not sure what to say.” (January 2018 Friend)
- “Abinadi and the Ten Commandments” (October 2000 Friend)
A crossword puzzle made from the Abinadi’s teaching of the Ten Commandments in Mosiah 13.
- “The Ten Commandments” (September 2017 Friend)
A wordsearch with words from the Ten Commandments.
- “For Little Friends: Ten Commandments (A finger play)” (May 1998 Friend)
Use your hands to teach the story of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments.
- “I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Thoughts on how we feel the Savior’s love when we are keeping his commandments. Includes four activity ideas.
- “Keep the Commandments” (May 2012 Friend)
Scripture search game.
- “Sharing Time: Commandments” (March 1995 Friend)
Includes an activity to match pictures with commandments modern prophets have asked us to live.
- “Sharing Time: Keep the Commandments” (June 1999 Liahona and Friend)
Includes an activity where children can envision themselves getting closer to the Savior as they keep the commandments.
- “Showing the Way” (August 2015 Friend)
Maze activity about the guidelines for returning to Heavenly Father. Includes a message from President Monson.
- “The Ten Commandments Teach Me to Love God and His Children” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Write down observations of people keeping the Ten Commandments. Read each one and categorize whether they honored God, respected parents and family, or respected others. Includes labels to be used for jar or bag for this activity.
- “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I follow His example and keep His commandments”(March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- “Nephi was blessed for choosing the right.” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- “The Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 112)
- “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- “Love One Another” (Children’s Songbook, 136)
- "For Little Friends: Chicks and Hens”
When we follow Jesus’ commandments, He will protect us.
- Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 19: The Ten Commandments”