Messages from Leaders
- “Challenges Help Us Grow” (March 2014 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf testifies that we can learn important lessons from adversity.
- “Choose the Right Path!” (May 2016 Friend)
During the April 2016 general conference, President Thomas S. Monson taught about making good choices.
- “Crossroads” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that our decisions lead to our destiny.
- “Decide Right Now” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about choosing the right. Includes a short activity about choices.
- “Even Though Everyone Else Is Doing It” (July 2011 Friend)
Elder F. Michael Watson of the Seventy shares a story about when he broke his arm as a boy after making an unwise decision.
- “The Harvest” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Aoyagi of the Seventy tells the story of how he was blessed for wanting to attend church as a child.
- “How Can I Follow the Savior?” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How Can the Gospel Help Me Be Happy?” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How Can We Stay Free?” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder Quentin L. Cook teaches about how good choices will help us stay free.
- “Keep Paddling!” (September 2018 Friend)
President Dallin H. Oaks teaches that we need to make good decisions and keep paddling in the right direction.
- “Never Let Go” (July 2012 Friend)
Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the Seventy shares how he learned a hard lesson when he let go of his horse’s reigns. We must never let go of the iron rod.
- “Righteous Desires” (October 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Clate W. Mask Jr. of the Seventy teaches that we usually end up doing what we want—the key is to want the right things!
- “Soccer and Sundays” (August 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jörg Klebingat of the Seventy shares how after joining the church at 18 he stopped playing soccer on Sundays and gave up an offer to play on a professional team in order to serve a mission.
- “Standing for Righteousness” (October 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Wolfgang H. Paul of the Seventy shares how he stood for his beliefs even when classmates and teachers teased him.
- “An Unshakable Foundation” (May 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches that choosing the right creates the solid ground under our faith. Includes three simple activities.
- “Why is Being Obedient So Important” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Learn about Elder Russell M. Nelson and why he believes it’s important to be obedient.
- “An A+ Choice” (November 2018 Friend)
Brett congratulates his sister when she gets good grades, even though he feels bad about his own grades.
- “Alasdair at the Theater” (May 2014 Friend)
- A boy doesn’t feel the Spirit during a theater production and decides to leave.
- “Alia’s New Ring” (January 2015 Friend)
Alia followed the Holy Ghost’s prompting to be kind to her friend, even though it meant giving away a ring she liked.
- “Aim for the Best” (August 2015 Friend)
Guidelines to help you make good choices in everyday decisions.
- “The Bad Picture” (August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Taran walks away and later tells his mom after a boy tries to show him a picture of a person without clothes.
- “Being Like Nephi” (August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Mason shares how Nephi’s example has helped him to make good choices.
- “Better Words, Better Friends” (February 2014 Friend)
A personal narrative about a girl asking her friend not to swear.
- “Blair Chooses the Right” (September 2016 Friend)
Blair spends the day making good choices.
- “Chihuahuas and Choices” (May 2014 Friend)
A story about a girl choose to obey her mom even when it means going against her friend.
- “Choose the Best” (February 2012 Friend)
Marcus always tries to choose the right, but he learns to choose the best when he is faced with two good choices.
- “Choosing Not to Cheat” (January 2014 Friend)
A boy shares a personal experience about a time when he chose not to cheat on a test at school.
- “Choosing Sides” (April 2003 Friend)
Sarah learns that she has to choose to be on the Lord’s side. Since being baptized she is accountable for her sins.
- “Choosing to Choose the Right” (February 2011 Friend)
Abbey decides to choose the right when a new friend wants her to break a school rule.
- “Courage and Clubs” (April 2015 Friend)
Kate made a good choice to follow Jesus and not use bad words to join her friends’ club.
- “Daniel Bravely Followed God” (November 2018 Friend)
Daniel followed God no matter the cost.
- “A Day to Choose the Right” (March 2009 Friend)
A short story written in rhyme about what a small child might do in a day.
- “Doing Something Good with My Time” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Clayton decides to use his time wisely by memorizing the Articles of Faith.
- “Farm-Club Fiasco” (April 2019 Friend)
Nathan makes an unpopular choice to go home Saturday night so he can be at church on Sunday even though the rest of the club members want to stay one more night.
- “Fast Friends” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Diego decides to make a good media decision even when it might cost him his new friend.
- “Halloween Choice” (October 2016 Friend)
Carly decides that going to the temple with her family is more important than attending her friend’s Halloween party.
- “I Am Accountable for My Choices” (February 2000 Friend)
Drew was nine and knew right from wrong. He feels bad after he lies. Includes a puzzle.
- “I Chose the Right” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Ekene from Nigeria chooses not to drink wine as part of a traditional ceremony.
- “Jehovah Saves Faithful Daniel” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Stories from the Old Testament about Daniel choosing the right.
- “Katie Finds a Way” (March 2014 Friend)
Katie finds happiness by going to church even when the rest of her family doesn’t.
- “Last Friend Standing” (May 2019 Friend)
A girl’s friends want to leave the bowling alley without paying, but she decides to make the right choice even if they don’t want to be her friends anymore.
- “The Lookout Tower” (June 2015 Friend)
David found out it was good to take a break from video games to build a tree fort.
- “The Magic Wallet” (July 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Mandy’s family is staying at a motel where the manager thinks they are too loud, but his opinion changes when the kids find a wallet and turn it in.
- “Matt and Mandy” (January 2012 Friend)
The two siblings discuss the importance of making good choices now and later.
- “Matt and Mandy” (June 2012 Friend)
Mandy teaches a friend what her CTR ring means.
- “My Big Decision” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Nicole knew that when she turned eight she would be accountable or responsible for making good choices.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (May 2014 Friend)
Matt can choose the right or lose money. What will he do?
- “Obstacle-Course Challenge” (February 2014 Friend) An object lesson teaches DJ about following the Holy Ghost.
- “One Scoop at a Time” (July 2013 Friend)
Lisa’s dad teaches about how each time she chooses to keep a commandment she adds oil to her lamp.
- “Pop Quiz Champion” (March 2014 Friend)
Niles chooses the right when a substitute teacher is leading the class.
- “Racing Rules” (August 2018 Friend)
Lelah follows her family rule and stays on the driveway while riding her bike. For young children. Includes a simple activity about making good choices.
- “Ruby Gets Ready” (March 2018 Friend)
Ruby often whines about putting her shoes and socks on but decides to be obedient after her brother gives an FHE lesson about choosing the right.
- "The Rule Review” (May 2014 Friend)
Joseph keeps the family media rules when visiting a friend.
- “Standing for the Right” (June 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Evan, who lives in Ireland, tries to do what is right at school and at home.
- “Sticks and Stones” (September 2015 Friend)
Charlie decides to forgive his brother.
- “Telling Secrets” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl decides to talk to her mom about a dangerous secret.
- “To Cheat or Not to Cheat?” (September 2015 Friend)
Nathan chooses not to cheat when his friend tried to help him on a math test.
- “Toys in the Tub” (March 2017 Friend)
Eli learns that choices have consequences when his mom tells him not to put his new toy in the water.
- “Turning Down the Dare” (October 2016 Friend)
Ty says no and leaves after a bully at school dares Ty to fight him.
- “TV Trouble” (March 2015 Friend)
Two girls leave a friend’s house when she starts watching an inappropriate TV show.
- “The Watermelon Thieves” (August 2015 Friend)
Joseph and his friends stole a prize watermelon and later repented of their bad choice.
- “What to Do Now?” (October 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Ideas for how to live righteously after your baptism.
- “A Winning Decision” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Miranda decides to go to church instead of playing soccer on Sunday.
- “A Little Better Every Day” (February 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Match the wrong choices with the better choices these kids made the next day.
- “Article of Faith 2” (February 2011 Friend)
Includes a crossword puzzle and activity about choices.
- “Choose the Right Way” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A maze-like game that uses pictures of right and wrong choices. Includes ideas for parents to teach about how good choices make us happy.
- “Choosing the Right” (January 2013 Friend)
A word game.
- “Choosing the Right through Study and Prayer” (June 1997 Friend)
An explanation and maze that teach how to make good choices.
- “CTR Fun” (September 2017 Friend)
Includes several activities and ideas using the letters the letters CTR.
- “CTR Pretzels” (January 2012 Friend)
Form this pretzel dough into the letters “CTR” for a fun treat.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Choosing to Be Nice
Read “The Sparkly Sticker” (September 2017 Friend). How did Emily choose the right? Come up with ways she could be nice to James. Then help finish the poem on the “CTR Fun” page!
- Family Home Evening Idea: Making Tough Choices
Read “The Magic Wallet” (July 2017 Liahona and Friend) and take turns acting out tough choices you might have to make. Then celebrate your good decisions with fruit pizza!
- “I Am Accountable for My Choices” (February 2000 Friend)
Includes a puzzle to put together about becoming accountable at age 8.
- “If the Savior Stood Beside Me” (March 2008 Friend)
Includes instructions for a diorama about following the example of Jesus Christ.
- “I Will Always Choose the Right” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A message about what resources can help us choose the right, as well as a maze that uses pictures of good choices and bad choices to lead us to Jesus.
- “Love-Your-Neighbor Adventure” (March 2017 Friend)
When you land on a question mark, pick a question, decide what you would do in that situation, and then read what Church leaders have said.
- “My Choices Have Consequences” (March 1997 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a scripture-wheel craft about choices and consequences.
- “Try, Try, Try” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A maze that presents choices with two options.
- “A Busy Day for Hands” (January 2014 Friend)
A rhyming story about using my hands to choose the right.
- “A Plan for Me” (January 2009 Friend)
A poem about obeying, being kind, and choosing the right.
- “My Heavenly Father Gives Me” (January 2013 Friend)
A poem about agency, the Holy Ghost, and choosing the right.
- “My Light” (June 2017 Friend)
A simple poem for young children about how our light shines when we choose the right.