Messages from Leaders
- “Agency and Accountability” (Sept. 2012 Liahona and New Era)
Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the Seventy explains the importance of agency.
- “Decide Right Now” (Mar. 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A message from President Thomas S. Monson about agency, and activities about making right choices.
- “Special Witness: How Can I Make the Right Decisions When Bad Things Are All Around?” (Jan. 2008 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott teaches a few ways we can make right choices.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Crossroads” (Apr. 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that the choices we make do matter.
- “Agency and Choosing the Right” (Jan. 1997 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott talks about visiting his uncle’s farm as a child and what he learned about agency.
- “Don’t Forget to Pray for Erik” (Jan. 2017 Liahona and Friend)
A girl is upset that her older brother hasn’t returned to church yet, even though the family prays for him.
- “A Winning Decision” (Oct. 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl goes to church instead of playing soccer on Sunday.
- “Standing Strong” (Oct. 2015 Friend)
A boy chooses to walk out of a party instead of watching bad media.
- “Flipping Channels” (Sept. 2015 Friend)
A girl decides to write in her journal instead of watching a movie she doesn’t feel good about.
- “Bugs and Brothers” (July 2015 Friend)
A girl learns that she doesn’t have to be irritated by her younger brother.
- “Not at Home, Not Anywhere” (July 2015 Friend)
A boy decides not to swear anymore.
- “Choose the Best” (Feb. 2012 Friend)
A boy has to make a choice between two good things.
- “Matt and Mandy” (Jan. 2012 Friend)
In this panel story, Matt and Mandy realize that the choices they make now affect their future.
- “Do as I’m Doing” (Mar. 1999 Friend)
A young girl learns that others have the ability to choose for themselves.
- “Path to Follow” (Jan. 1997 Friend)
A boy talks with his mother about agency when his friend chooses not to go to church with him.
- “The Sabbath Is a Delight” (Oct. 2015 Friend)
Instructions for making a mobile craft to remind you to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “Choosing Integrity” (Sept. 2015 Friend)
A quiz activity to help you know if you are living with integrity.
- “Agency Is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves” (Jan. 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A message and printable game about choosing the right.
- Coloring Page: “Jesus created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right.” (Jan. 2012 Friend)
- “Faith in God Challenge” (Oct. 2011 Friend)
This page includes an activity about agency.
- “Article of Faith 2” (Feb. 2011 Friend)
This page includes a crossword activity about good choices.
- “Sharing Time: I Will Always Choose the Right” (Oct. 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A lesson about making right choices, and a maze activity.
- “Always Choose the Right” (Aug. 2004 Friend)
Hide the CTR rings in the five pictures showing how we can make decisions at home, in the neighborhood, at school, and during playtime.
- Image Collection: Mormonads on Agency and Accountability
- Poem: “Agency” (Jan. 1997 Friend)
A poem about making choices.
- Poem: “My Heavenly Father Gives Me” (Jan. 2013 Friend)
This is a poem about agency, the Holy Ghost, and choosing the right.
- Music: “Dare to Do Right” (Children’s Songbook, 158)
- Music: “Whenever I Have to Choose” (June 1997 Friend)
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dare to Stand Alone”
President Thomas S. Monson shares an experience he had in the Navy when he had to stand alone.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “The Sting of the Scorpion”
A young boy’s encounter with a scorpion in the Arabian Desert teaches about the importance of choices.
- Video: One in a Million, “Allison”
Allison finds a way for friends of all faiths to be part of her baptism day.