Think you know everything there is to know about your mom?
Try answering these questions on your own. Then sit down and ask your mom the ones you don’t know. You could be surprised at how much you can learn!
Have fun with it! Choose a few questions and get your camera out and record the interview!
You can also download the PDF and write down her answers to keep in your or her journal.
It could even be a family home evening activity! Pick some questions from the list, and have everyone write down what they think the answer is. Then have your mom answer the questions and see who gets the most correct!
- What was it like being pregnant with (or adopting) me? How was it different from my siblings?
- What were you like as a child?
- What makes you happier: someone doing the dishes or someone giving you flowers?
- Tell me about your worst date ever.
- How many jobs have you had in your life? What did you learn from them?
- Who was your favorite person to spend time with when you were a teenager? Why?
- What kind of car did you learn to drive in? Who taught you?
- What was the most popular song when you were in high school? What kind of music did you like to listen to?
- Who was your role model as a kid? Who is it today?
- What was the highlight of high school for you?
- What are your favorite smells, sights, sounds, and feelings?
- Is there anything in your childhood you wish you could have changed? Why?
- What do you admire most about your parents?
- Did you have any traditions with your friends growing up? What about fun family traditions for the holidays?
- What is the greatest service someone has ever done for you?
- Tell me about your worst hair day ever. And what about your worst hairstyle ever?
- What is your first memory of Dad? What kind of boyfriend was he?
- As a teen, did you ever feel the Spirit prompt you very strongly to do something?
- What was your favorite restaurant or store as a kid?
- What’s the best thing Dad has ever done for you? That you’ve done for him?
- What’s your dream job? Is it different from the job you dreamed about as a kid?
- Tell me about the first movie you remember going to. How much did a ticket cost?
- Which three foods do you wish didn’t exist, and which three foods do you wish you could eat every day?
- What was your first experience living outside of the home you grew up in?
- What would you want your grandkids to remember you for?
- Tell me about one day or event that you wish I could relive with you.
- What’s your favorite thing about having kids? What’s the hardest part? The most surprising?
- Do you have a favorite travel memory?
- What do you feel like you inherited from your mom and dad?
- What is your proudest moment as a mother?
This article originally appeared in the May 2015 New Era.
Share Your Experience
What did you learn about your mom? Tell us!
Share your experience with other youth below.