What does a Stake Self-Reliance Specialist Do?
The specialist serves as the link to all of the functions of Self-Reliance Services (stake self-reliance committee, stake self-reliance center, and Self-Reliance Services manager). Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare the stake self-reliance committee agenda.
- Train Church-service missionaries and volunteers to operate a self-reliance center.
- Order self-reliance materials as needed.
- Train and assist bishops and ward councils as requested.
- Help register group members at srs.ChurchofJesusChrist.org/register.
- Organize, monitor, support, and facilitate self-reliance groups.
- Study and follow principles found online at srs.ChurchofJesusChrist.org/facilitator.
- Other self-reliance specialists may be called to facilitate groups as needed.