Here are some ideas for how to prepare financially for a full-time mission.
1. Find a way to earn and save money for your mission.
“You need to prepare financially. … I speak to that young man who doesn’t have any idea how he can finance a mission. I do not know either. But I do know this: if you have faith and determine that you will go, there will be a way. Opportunities will come to you as manna from heaven. Do not let that deter you from your duty.”
President Boyd K. Packer, “Come, All Ye Sons of God,” Ensign, Aug. 1983, 71.
- Find suggestions and resources for finding a job or other means of earning money.
- Explore information and resources for financial preparation.
2. Pay tithing.
“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, … and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
- Learn more about the blessings of paying tithes and offerings.
- “Prospective missionaries … ought to have a job and save money for their missions. Every mission president would concur with me that the missionary who has worked and saved and helped pay for part or all of his or her mission is a better-prepared missionary” (Elder M. Russell Ballard, “How to Prepare to Be a Good Missionary,” Liahona, Mar. 2007, 13; New Era, Mar. 2007, 7).