Organizing a youth devotional in your ward or stake is one of the best ways to spiritually present the inspiration and doctrine regarding family history. A devotional can be used to kick off a family history challenge or wrap up a youth conference where youth can express their feelings and share experiences they had during the event.
Resources for a Devotional Presentation:
- “Our Father’s Plan Is about Families,” Elder Quentin L. Cook, 45 minutes
- “Is Anything Too Hard for the Lord?” Elder Neil L. Andersen, 70 minutes
- “Gathering, Healing, and Sealing Families,” Elder Bradley D. Foster, Sister Linda K. Burton, Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, and Brother Tad R. Callister, 70 minutes
- “The Power of Youth: Making a Difference,” John Bytheway, 30 minutes. Download 360p | 720p
- “Find Our Cousins: Youth Devotional,” Elder Neil L. Andersen, 45 minutes. Download 360p | 720p
Prophets and Apostles Speak: Family History
This page offers a wide range of prophets and apostles speaking on the subject of family history. You may use these videos as part of the devotional presentation or as the opening thought.
Manuals and Lessons
- Uniting Families through Temple and Family History Work, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant, 2011
- Temple Work: Becoming Saviors on Mount Zion, Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Wilford Woodruff, 2011
- Temple Work and Family History, Gospel Principles, 2011
- Turn Your Heart, Preparing for Exaltation: Teacher’s Manual, 1998
- Family History Work and Genealogy, True to the Faith, 2004
ChurchofJesusChrist.org Pages and Resources