Policy and Principles
- Those who handle the Lord’s funds should be full-tithe payers.
- Always follow the companionship principle when handling Church donations. Read more about the companionship principle.
- Never leave funds unattended or unsecured.
- Where possible, deposit funds on the same day they are collected, counted, and recorded.
Follow these steps to process donations:
- Receive donations. Read more about receiving donations.
- Open envelopes and verify amounts. Each person should see what was in each envelope and what each of the requested donation categories are.
- Record the donations. Read more about recording donations.
- Review and verify totals, and then approve the donations for final submission.
- Prepare the bank deposit, following the instructions for the local area.
- File donation documents.
- Deposit the money at the bank, following the instructions for the local area. Read more about depositing donations.