- The temple was not damaged during the recent volcanic eruption. There is ash that needs to be cleaned up and that will be done during this regular maintenance closure. For more information about the impact of the eruption, please see the Church Newsroom article, Volcano Erupts Near Tonga.
PHASE 3: ALL LIVING ORDINANCES AND LIMITED PROXY ORDINANCES
Based on First Presidency direction, this temple has resumed limited operations.
- All ordinances are available by appointment only. Click the Appointments button below to schedule or modify an appointment.
- Proxy ordinances may be limited to members residing in their designated temple district.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own temple clothing.
- Family name cards may be printed at the temple, but cards will not be returned after your visit. You will receive a FamilySearch notification to confirm that the ordinance was recorded. FamilySearch is suspending all temple ordinance expiration dates until temples resume full operations.
- All government guidelines will be observed, including regulations related to travel, gatherings, sanitization, and safety.
- Please contact the temple for more information or if you have special circumstances or needs.