1. With joy I heard my friends exclaim,
“Come, let us in God’s temple meet”;
Within they gates, O Zion blest,
Shall ever stand our willing feet
2. How beautiful doth Zion stand,
A city built compact and fair;
The people of the Lord unite
With joy and praise to worship there.
3. They come to learn the will of God,
To make their vows, his grace to own,
For there is judgment’s royal seat,
Messiah’s sure and lasting throne.
4. For Zion’s peace let prayer be made;
May all that love thee prosper well!
Within thy walls let peace abide,
And gladness with thy children dwell.
5. For love of friends and kindred dead,
My heart’s desire is Zion’s peace,
And for the house of God the Lord
My loving care shall never cease.
Copyright © 1990 by Lane M. Cheney. All rights reserved. Making copies of this music for use within the Church is permitted. This notice must be included on each copy made.