“Prophets and Prophecies,” Liahona, Mar. 2001, 16
The scriptures are the words God has revealed to His prophets. Match each scripture below to the prophet to whom it was revealed. Look up the scriptures if you need help.
1. “Make thee an ark of gopher wood” (Gen. 6:14).
2. “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, … and prove me now herewith, … if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing” (Mal. 3:10).
3. “Five years more cometh, … then cometh the Son of God to redeem all those who shall believe on his name” (Hel. 14:2).
c. Abram (Abraham)
4. “Let all the people of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and those who journey with them, be organized into companies” (D&C 136:2).
d. Samuel (in the Old Testament)
5. “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth” (Rev. 14:6).
e. Nephi (son of Lehi)
6. “A marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men” (D&C 4:1).
7. “On this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world” (3 Ne. 1:13).
g. Samuel the Lamanite
8. “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread” (Gen. 3:19).
h. Nephi (great-grandson of Helaman)
9. “The long-promised day has come when every faithful, worthy man in the Church may receive the holy priesthood” (Official Declaration 2).
10. “The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart” (1 Sam. 16:7).
j. The Prophet Joseph Smith
11. “Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee” (Gen. 12:1).
k. President Brigham Young
12. “And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye … shall be led to a land of promise” (1 Ne. 2:20).
l. President Spencer W. Kimball
13. “I speak of these temples as smaller temples. Actually, they do not look small, they look large. They are beautiful. They are built of the best materials and in the best fashion of which we know. Each will be a house of the Lord dedicated to His holy purposes” (“Benediction,” Liahona, January 1999, 104).
m. President Gordon B. Hinckley