- 1851–52 • Valparaíso and Quillota, Chile
Apostle Parley P. Pratt and his wife Phoebe served a five-month mission to Chile. During their time in Chile, they determined that a Spanish translation of the Book of Mormon was needed.
- 1886 • Salt Lake City, Utah
The first Spanish translation of the Book of Mormon was published.
- December 25, 1925 • Buenos Aires, Argentina
Elder Melvin J. Ballard dedicated South America for the preaching of the gospel.
- June 23, 1956 • Santiago, Chile
Encouraged by Billie F. Fotheringham and his family, missionaries Verle M. Allred and Joseph C. Bentley began preaching in Santiago.
- July 5, 1956 • Santiago
The Santiago Branch was organized, with Billie F. Fotheringham as president.
- November 25, 1956 • Santiago
Ricardo García, Isidro and Graciela Saldaña, Sally Lanzarotti, Mario Lanzarotti, Patricio Lanzarotti, Craig Fotheringham, Jo-Ann Robinson, and Silvia Ortiz became the first members baptized in Chile.
- 1957–59 • Chile
New branches were established in Concepción, Viña del Mar, Santiago, Valparaíso, and Parque Cousiño.
- April 26, 1959 • Santiago
Ricardo García became the first Chilean Latter-day Saint to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood.
- May 21–22, 1960 • Concepción, Chile
Following the Great Chilean Earthquake, the largest ever recorded, Church members and missionaries in Chile provided translation services, medical supplies, food, clothing, construction materials, and other assistance.
- May 1960 • Santiago
Carlos A. Cifuentes became the first Chilean called as a branch president when he was called to preside over the Santiago Branch.
- October 8, 1961 • Santiago
As growth accelerated, Chile was split off from the Andes Mission into its own mission.
- 1962 • Chile
Construction missionaries were called to build new meetinghouses. They received training in construction trades and proselytized in the evenings.
- 1962–68 • Chile
The first Church-built meetinghouses were built and dedicated in Santiago, Viña del Mar, Quilpué, and Concepcíon.
- March 1964 • La Cisterna and Viña del Mar
The Asociación Mormona Educacional y Cultural (Mormon Educational and Cultural Association) opened Church-run schools in La Cisterna and Viña del Mar.
- July 1970 • Santiago
St. George College, a Catholic school in Santiago, was purchased by the Church. The Colegio Deseret (Deseret School) replaced all Church schools in the area.
- 1970s and 1980s • Chile
Amidst political unrest, acts of vandalism were committed at Church meetinghouses in Chile. Despite opposition, Church membership continued to increase rapidly. Stakes were created throughout the country.
- July 1972 • Chile
In collaboration with the Catholic archdioceses of Chile, the Church began microfilming centuries of parochial records from across the country.
- November 19, 1972 • Santiago
The Santiago Chile Stake, the first in Chile, was organized with Carlos A. Cifuentes as president.
- 1972 • Chile
Seminaries and institutes were established in Chile.
- 1975–88 • Chile
As interest in the Church continued to increase, missions were created in Concepción, Santiago, Osorno, Viña del Mar, and Antofagasta.
- February 17, 1976 • Santiago
Carlos A. Cifuentes was called as a regional representative of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
- May 1976 • Salt Lake City
Chilean government officials presented the Church with a medal in appreciation for the Church’s spiritual and social contributions to the Chilean people.
- March 1, 1977 • Santiago
President Spencer W. Kimball presided at an area conference with 6,800 members in attendance.
- January 29, 1980 • Arica, Chile
The Arica Chile Stake, the first in the northernmost region of Chile, was organized.
- 1981 • Chile
The last Church-run school in Chile was closed. Construction of the Santiago Chile Temple began on the site of the former Colegio Deseret.
- May 17, 1981 • Osorno, Chile
The Osorno Chile Stake, the first in southern Chile, was organized.
- July 1, 1981 • Hanga Roa, Chile
The Easter Island Branch was organized.
- July 13, 1981 • Santiago
A missionary training center was established in Santiago.
- December 7, 1982 • Islas Juan Fernández
A branch of the Church was established on the Juan Fernández Islands.
- September 15–17, 1983 • Santiago
The Santiago Chile Temple, the first in Chile, was dedicated by President Gordon B. Hinckley, then of the First Presidency.
- March 31, 1990 • Salt Lake City
Eduardo Ayala became the first Chilean called as a General Authority Seventy.
- August 15, 1996 • Chile
The Chile Area was created.
- August 23, 1996 • Santiago
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles dedicated Chile for the preaching of the gospel.
- April 2001 • Salt Lake City
Chilean Saints helped pioneer the Perpetual Education Fund.
- 2002–4 • Chile
While serving as Chile Area President, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles trained Chilean leaders in their roles and oversaw merging stakes and wards throughout Chile.
- September 21, 2004 • Salt Lake City
Luisa Durán de Lagos, First Lady of Chile, met with Church leaders to thank them for the Church’s support of poverty-fighting initiatives in Chile.
- January 2005 • Santiago
The Senate of Chile recognized the Church as an “equal, accepted, and mainstream religion” in the country.
- February 27, 2010 • Chile
After a magnitude 8.8 earthquake struck Chile, the Church delivered over 26 tons of food to the affected areas.
- August 1, 2012 • Chile
The First Presidency consolidated the Chile and South America South Areas.
- October 28, 2018 • Concepción
President Russell M. Nelson dedicated the Concepción Chile Temple.