“Alexander Gets a Blessing,” Friend, August 2009, 32–33
1. Alexander’s breathing sounds funny. What’s wrong?
I’m not sure. Before Daddy goes to work, we’ll ask him to check Alexander.
2. Dad walked into the room wearing his doctor’s coat. Because Dad was a doctor, he was often able to help Kiersty and her baby brother feel better.
3. Dad checked Alexander.
Kiersty, you’ll need to come to the hospital with Mommy and Alexander so we can take some X-rays.
OK. But are you going to give him a blessing first?
Of course, Sweetie.
4. Kiersty knew that because Dad held the priesthood, he could give people blessings to help them. She closed her eyes and folded her arms as Dad placed his hands on Alexander’s head and gave him a blessing.
5. After the blessing, the family got into the car to go to the hospital. Kiersty sat in the backseat beside Alexander. She hoped he would start to feel better.
6. At the hospital, Dad and another doctor took Alexander to a special room. Mom and Kiersty sat and waited in big blue chairs. Kiersty looked at a book.
7. A little while later, Kiersty saw a doctor carrying Alexander as he walked down the hallway toward them. Dad walked with him.
Is this your brother?
He is just fine.
8. The blessing worked. We need to thank Heavenly Father.
You are right, Kiersty.