“Conference Story Index,” Ensign, Nov. 2012, 125
The following list of selected experiences from general conference addresses can be used in personal study, family home evening, and other teaching. The speakers are listed in alphabetical order, and the number refers to the first page of the talk.
Neil L. Andersen
(39) A family’s faith does not falter following the death of their daughter.
Shayne M. Bowen
(15) Shayne M. Bowen and his missionary companion teach a family that little children need no baptism.
Linda K. Burton
(78) A woman assists Linda K. Burton during her second visit to the temple as a newlywed.
(111) Pioneer Mary Lois Walker loses her husband and a child while crossing the plains.
Craig C. Christensen
(12) Six-year-old Ben Christensen feels the Holy Ghost as he visits a temple open house.
D. Todd Christofferson
(47) A young man in India works hard to help his family and to get an education.
Quentin L. Cook
(6) British Olympian Eric Liddell refuses to run a race on Sunday.
Ann M. Dibb
(10) A young woman confidently wears a T-shirt proclaiming her membership in the Church.
Larry Echo Hawk
(32) Larry Echo Hawk’s drill instructor discovers his copy of the Book of Mormon.
Henry B. Eyring
(60) Henry B. Eyring carves a board for each of his sons to represent their special gifts.
(72) Henry B. Eyring’s granddaughter looks for Jesus at a temple open house.
(72) Henry B. Eyring leaves Stanford University for employment at Ricks College.
(72) Henry B. Eyring’s daughter-in-law prays on the beach and dedicates her time to the Lord.
Robert C. Gay
(34) Robert C. Gay’s father asks him if he would sell his soul for a nickel.
(34) Robert C. Gay follows a prompting to help a boy sobbing by the side of the road.
Daniel L. Johnson
(101) Latter-day Saints attend the temple after a storm destroys their fruit crop.
Thomas S. Monson
(68) N. Eldon Tanner is surprised to see four men advance in the priesthood.
(68) Thomas S. Monson receives inspiration to call branch presidents.
(68) John H. Groberg bears his testimony to the king of Tonga.
(86) Thomas S. Monson follows a prompting to offer suggestions about missionary work.
(86) Thomas S. Monson follows a prompting to visit a friend in the hospital.
(86) Thomas S. Monson encourages a young man to serve a mission.
(86) A prayer by youth at a temple cultural celebration is answered.
Russell M. Nelson
(18) A man responds to a prompting to “stop the boys on the bikes.”
Russell T. Osguthorpe
(96) Youth attending Sunday School help two class members with autism share what they learned.
Boyd K. Packer
(75) Boyd K. Packer’s boat is hit by a severe ocean storm in Western Samoa.
Linda S. Reeves
(118) Linda S. Reeves turns to God after her husband becomes ill.
Richard G. Scott
(93) Youth in Russia index 2,000 names each and submit an ancestor’s name for temple work.
Carole M. Stephens
(115) Young women come to each other’s aid during a pioneer trek reenactment.
Gary E. Stevenson
(51) A college student leaves a party in Japan after refusing marijuana cigarettes.
Scott D. Whiting
(37) Temple contractors fix two small flaws in the Laie Hawaii Temple.