1. While of these emblems we partake
In Jesus’ name and for his sake,
Let us remember and be sure
Our hearts and hands are clean and pure.
2. For us the blood of Christ was shed;
For us on Calvary’s cross he bled,
And thus dispelled the awful gloom
That else were this creation’s doom.
3. The law was broken; Jesus died
That justice might be satisfied,
That man might not remain a slave
Of death, of hell, or of the grave,
4. But rise triumphant from the tomb,
And in eternal splendor bloom,
Freed from the pow’r of death and pain,
With Christ, the Lord, to rule and reign.
Text: John Nicholson, 1839–1909
Music: Samuel McBurney, 1847–1909
Tune name: SAUL
- Hymn Number
- Samuel McBurney, 1847–1909
- John Nicholson, 1839–1909.
- Moroni 6:6, Mosiah 15:7–9
- 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Easter, Jesus Christ—Savior, Resurrection, Sacrament, Worthiness