1. ’Tis sweet to sing the matchless love
Of Him who left his home above
And came to earth—oh, wondrous plan—
To suffer, bleed, and die for man!
2. ’Tis good to meet each Sabbath day
And, in his own appointed way,
Partake the emblems of his death,
And thus renew our love and faith.
3. Oh, blessed hour! communion sweet!
When children, friends, and teachers meet
And, in remembrance of his grace,
Unite in sweetest songs of praise.
4. For Jesus died on Calvary!
That all thru him might ransomed be.
Then sing hosannas to his name;
Let heav’n and earth his love proclaim.
Text: George A. Manwaring, 1854–1889
Music: Frank W. Asper, 1892–1973. © 1948 IRI
Tune name: MEREDITH
- Hymn Number
- Frank W. Asper, 1892–1973. © 1948 IRI
- George Manwaring, 1854–1889.
- Doctrine and Covenants 138:1–4, Doctrine and Covenants 20:75
- 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Jesus Christ—Savior, Mercy, Music and Song, Sabbath Day, Sacrament