1. Thy Spirit, Lord, has stirred our souls,
And by its inward shining glow
We see anew our sacred goals
And feel thy nearness here below.
No burning bush near Sinai
Could show thy presence, Lord, more nigh.
2. “Did not our hearts within us burn?”
We know the Spirit’s fire is here.
It makes our souls for service yearn;
It makes the path of duty clear.
Lord, may it prompt us, day by day,
In all we do, in all we say.
Text: Frank I. Kooyman, 1880–1963. © 1948 IRI
Music: Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987. © 1948 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987. © 1948 IRI
- Frank I. Kooyman, 1880-1963
- Mosiah 5:2, Luke 24:32 (13-35)
- 8 8 8 8 8 8
- Closing, Commitment, Holy Ghost, Service, Spirituality, Testimony