1. Jesus, lover of my soul,
Let me to thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll,
While the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Savior, hide,
Till the storm of life is past.
Safe into the haven guide;
Oh, receive my soul at last.
2. Other refuge have I none;
Hangs my helpless soul on thee.
Leave, oh, leave me not alone;
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on thee is stayed;
All my help from thee I bring.
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of thy wing.
Text: Charles Wesley, 1707–1788
Music: Joseph P. Holbrook, 1822–1888
- Hymn Number
- Joseph P. Holbrook, 1822–1888
- Charles Wesley, 1707-1788
- Isaiah 25:4, Psalm 62:1-2, 7-8
- 7 7 7 7 D
- Comfort, Faith, Funeral, Guidance, Jesus Christ - Friend, Supplication, Trials