1. From all that dwell below the skies,
Let the Creator’s praise arise;
Let the Redeemer’s name be sung
Through ev’ry land, by ev’ry tongue.
2. In ev’ry land begin the song;
To ev’ry land the strains belong.
In cheerful sounds all voices raise
And fill the world with loudest praise.
3. Your lofty themes, ye mortals, bring;
In songs of praise divinely sing.
The great salvation loud proclaim,
And shout for joy the Savior’s name.
4. Eternal are thy mercies, Lord;
Eternal truth attends thy word.
Thy praise shall sound from shore to shore,
Till suns shall rise and set no more.
Text: Isaac Watts, 1674–1748
Music: John Hatton, d. 1793
- Hymn Number
- John Hatton, d. 1793
- Isaac Watts, 1674–1748.
- Psalm 100:1–2, Psalm 117
- 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Jesus Christ—Creator, Jesus Christ—Savior, Missionary Work, Music and Song, Praise
- Duke Street