1. Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.
2. What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.
3. When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.
4. For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior’s name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.
Text: Karen Lynn Davidson, 1943–2019. © 1985 IRI
Music: A. Laurence Lyon, 1934–2006. © 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- A. Laurence Lyon, 1934–2006. © 1985 IRI
- Karen Lynn Davidson, b. 1943
- Proverbs 17:17, Proverbs 4:18, Doctrine and Covenants 42:45-46
- LM (Long Meter)
- 8 8 8 8
- Brotherhood, Example, Funeral, Love, Sisterhood, Spirituality