1. Awake and arise, O ye slumbering nations!The heavens have opened their portals again.The last and the greatest of all dispensationsHas burst like a dawn o’er the children of men!
2. The dream of the poet, the crown of the ages,The time which the prophets of Israel foretold,That glorious day only dreamed by the sagesIs yours, O ye slumbering nations; behold!
3. Oh, lift up your voices in song and in story.Let banners of peace in all lands be unfurled,For truth, heaven-born, in its beauty and gloryIs marching triumphantly over the world.
Text: Theodore E. Curtis, 1872–1957. © 1984 IRIMusic: Carolee Curtis Green, b. 1940. © 1984 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Carolee Curtis Green, 1940–.
- Theodore E. Curtis, 1872–1957.
- Doctrine and Covenants 133:7–10, Doctrine and Covenants 43:17–20
- 12 11 12 11
- Music and Song, Peace, Restoration of the Gospel, Truth