1. I like my birthdays, ev’ry one;
Each brings a greater joy to me.
But I can’t wait until I’m eight,
For then I’ll be baptized, you see.
2. To be baptized as Jesus was
By one who holds the priesthood true
And thus obey God’s holy laws
Is just the thing I want to do.
3. When hands are laid upon my head,
Then I’ll receive the Holy Ghost.
And, if I listen carefully,
I’ll have the blessing I need most.
Words: Wallace F. Bennett, 1898–1993
Music: Tracy Y. Cannon, 1879–1961
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Wallace F. Bennett, 1898–1993
- Wallace F. Bennett, 1898–1993.
- Articles of Faith 1:4, Doctrine and Covenants 68:27
- Baptism, Birthdays, Gift of the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ—Baptism, Preparation, Priesthood